Benghazi Mystery Deepens

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Dec 13, 2012.

1. You need to talk to CIA about that. They have already admitted they gave Susan Rice the talking points.

#11     Dec 13, 2012
  2. Benghazi, troll, benghazi is the topic.

#12     Dec 13, 2012
  3. pspr

pspr

Are you saying there was no one at the Benghazi compound except the dead? If not, do you have any information about the where abouts of the others who were at the compound?

#13     Dec 13, 2012
  4. BSAM

BSAM

Hearings, hearings, hearings.
    Hearings, my ass.
    Back when the country had people who could think, there would have been a few hangings and the country would have moved on.

#14     Dec 13, 2012
  5. There is an argument being made that someone changed those original CIA talking points prior to Rice going on the talk shows. Be that as it may, plenty of time has passed and now we're debating the equivalent of what the defintion of is, is. Of course they'll never clearly define which is which until they see which way the wind is blowing.
    This is easy to define. Benghazi showed a weakness in our Embassy security system. A overall lack of concern by the WH in regard to terrorist activity in the region. A failed ME policy which continues to blow up today. None of this would have been good during the campaign, so they circled the wagons, got a more than willing to dummy up media on-board with the plan, and stalled. Here we are today and the majority of people couldn't care less. Mission accomplished.

#15     Dec 13, 2012
  6. Maybe their weren't scared... maybe they were offered tax payer money if they kept their mouths shut... ??

#16     Dec 13, 2012
  7. The people that were there were CIA operatives. They are not going to be going on Letterman.

I like Rep. Chaffets, and I think there was a coverup and big lie campaign, aided and abetted by a CIA Director with a sword hanging over his head. I'm not sure the fact these people have vanished is evidence of anything though, other than the fact they are spooks.

#17     Dec 13, 2012
  8. http://online.wsj.com/article/SB100...od=WSJ_hpp_LEFTTopStories#articleTabs=article

Intelligence Stressed Libya Protest Scenario

In Reports to Obama, CIA Didn't Alter Assessment of Trigger for Violence for 10 Days, Even as Witness Accounts Disputed It

WASHINGTON—President Barack Obama was told in his daily intelligence briefing for more than a week after the consulate siege in Benghazi that the assault grew out of a spontaneous protest, despite conflicting reports from witnesses and other sources that began to cast doubt on the accuracy of that assessment almost from the start.

New details about the contents of the President's Daily Brief, which haven't been reported previously, show that the Central Intelligence Agency didn't adjust the classified assessment until Sept. 22, fueling tensions between the administration and the agency.

#18     Dec 13, 2012

9. Rep. Chaffetz says he "absolutely" voted to cut funding for embassy security

Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-UT) criticizes the handling of Libyan consulate security despite voting to cut embassy funding.

Rep. Chaffetz says, “I think what we’re going to hear is that we didn’t meet the basic, minimum standards required for a facility such as the one we had in Benghazi. And the request for more security personnel went unheeded, unanswered, and consequently, you know, you have the death of four Americans. We [have to] make sure that that doesn’t happen again in Libya. But we also [have to] make sure it doesn’t happen in other places around the world…. We [have to] get at the truth, but thus far it’s been a slippery attempt to try to get the truth because the White House and the Obama administration’s been very slow in giving us the facts.”

Later in the interview, CNN Anchor Soledad O’Brien asks, “Is it true that you voted to cut the funding for embassy security?”

Chaffetz answers, “Absolutely"

#19     Dec 13, 2012
  10. Lucrum

Lucrum

Then why mention "conspiracies"?

#20     Dec 13, 2012