Bengazi cover up

Discussion in 'Politics' started by CaptainObvious, Oct 9, 2012.

1. #21     Oct 10, 2012
  2. #22     Oct 11, 2012
  3. Ricter

Ricter

"Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah) acknowledged on Wednesday that House Republicans had consciously voted to reduce the funds allocated to the State Department for embassy security since winning the majority in 2010."

#23     Oct 11, 2012
  4. The Obama administration has the authority, and the responsibility, to properly allocate those funds in order to strengthen security where it needs strengthening. Plenty of other money can be "found" to get the job done if that's what it takes. The bottom line is Clinton wasn't doing her job. Whether that was her call, or under order from the boss, this is on her head. Any fool can understand that all Embassy's should not be denfended equally. Libya ain't New Zeland.

#24     Oct 11, 2012
  5. Ricter

Ricter

The administration has the authority and the responsibility, but only so many resources (which is what you want, right?). It doesn't help things at all to have backward reps adding work to its plate.

#25     Oct 11, 2012
  6. LEAPup

LEAPup

You need to work in campaign management. Good stuff bro!

#26     Oct 11, 2012
  7. They have limited resources? They ended the war in iraq where are the troops and assets, they should be available. if not then maybe they should cut the 99 weeks unemployment, food stamps, welfare, bailouts, 'investments' in green energy etc and use those funds to do THEIR FUCKING CONSTITUTIONALLY MANDATED JOB of protecting US citizens, at home and abroad.

#27     Oct 11, 2012
  8. What I want is common sense allocation of those resources. All the Obama administration needed to do if they got any grief about it would have been to say, in a very public way, we have decided our ME Embassy's need a higher level of security than is budgeted for. We would think our republican friends would believe the same. Do they or don't they? Then let let the repubs stew in that.
    Sorry, this ain't a repub budget blunder. It's a completely failed foreign policy decision that has cost lives and further weakened our position in the region. It's all on the Obama administration and trying to shift or spread the blame is just par for the course by a president who simply refuses to take any responsibility for anything that goes wrong. It's always someone else's fault.

#28     Oct 11, 2012
  9. +1 While I'm sure we are all dissatisfied with what happened I think you have stayed on it the most. This is a big issue and a real problem.

I also need to add to my post, Ricter, that the reps harassing them for what happened is actually helping. You can't lie and not be held accountable, these are public servants and they have no right lying to us or covering up their blunders, especially not when lives have been lost. There is no way to know that increased security would for sure have prevented the death of our people BUT the admin hasn't done a SINGLE thing to right what happened.. all they have done is cover their asses. I can't believe any individual calling themselves an American finds this excusable.

#29     Oct 11, 2012
  10. BSAM

BSAM

This is why nobody should ever sign up for the U.S. military, unless our country is directly attacked.
    The "government" doesn't give a damn about the safety of the members of the military.
    All they care about is themselves.
    The government is not your friend.

#30     Oct 11, 2012