Benchmarq vs. Cy Group vs. JC Trading vs. Guardian

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by jimclark, Sep 25, 2007.

1. hi don, true, i hear you, worth a try. best research is pick up the phone & talk to different firms & try to get a working repore with several firms that meet your needs. you will be on et to doomsday, trying to figure it all out, everyone likes something different, hit the road & meet some folks if need be.. some meet & greets are in order to see what its all about i say

#11     Sep 25, 2007
  2. Again, good advice!

Don

#12     Sep 25, 2007
  3. i do my best. we all started somewhere, those that can.. try to help in a positive way, unlike others that are negative influences no matter what..

#13     Sep 25, 2007
  4. darren

darren

I have been out of the game for a while. I have traded with cy group for a short time last summer and this summer. I had a good exp with them. Didnt need to much in terms of customer service so I cannot comment on that to much but when I took my money out both times no problem. There risk management is a little tight which is a good and bad thing. I can appreciate the risk management and some people need it heck I do sometimes, but also if I want to lose my own money let me until that point. But its not to bad it keeps you in the game. I have talked to them by email and phone. And the owners trade as well so sometimes you cannot talk to them all during market hours. But in all the software was good and money came out when need and decent leverage and costs. I havent tried the other 2 . I used to trade with hold brothers for a few years in late 90s and early 2000s

#14     Sep 25, 2007
  5. I did that. Here's what happened:
    I was very impressed with the manager as well as the facility and technology used. The manager quoted me a "deal"....commis, platform charge, etc.
    Two days later, I receive a contract in the mail, and the "deal" was entirely different....and much worse than the one I had received in person.

#15     Sep 26, 2007
  6. timcar

timcar

Shocking isn't it: a PROP FIRM that's a little shadily.
    The only thing I guess, is that some people want to trade so bad they are willing to sign deals that in the end harm themselves.

#16     Sep 29, 2007