Ben S. Bernanke, PhD, is a doorknob

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Thunderdog, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Bushido

Bushido

I hated the fact that these ben n all were cutting rates etc and I did not see any friggin sense in that. And then I saw reason, yup the rate cuts in 2001-2002 created the housing bubble, but before anyone realized that the bubble was created people actually worshiped greeny.

Was the bubble his fault... I dare say no... I am finally making my first post for a reason... for god sake what is the sense in being short sighted...

Excuse me for saying this... that while the rate cuts did help the market... a nation full of credit junkies (statistically proven) jumped to the opportunity of more attractive rates... for god sake know your friggin finances better.. I have seen college kids who start pilling up credit from their ccards which most take most of thier lifetime to pay... which results in more debts.... I must say one whole load of dumb empty jars...

So getting back to the point.. why blame greeny for the idiocies of people... the addictions they have had for generations... addicted to credit which has become potentially innate...

I hope people here are more sensible.... Dont just go out and buy a home if you cant afford one...

If people get smarter there should not be another bubble.... if they dont too bad for them... I'll short the markets the next time this happens...

As for me I am not affected by this shit so I'm good....

Will check out now.... Happy trading for the sensible and good luck for the rest.....

Cheers!!!

#41     Jan 23, 2008
  2. The funny thing is that we are discussing human nature and yet there are those amongst us who know that if you redefine reality and fiddle with it, you can pass the problem forward onto the next guys watch under the banner "it is the economy stupid".

And so you may ask who would want to be the next stupid guy.
    Well it is anyone who has been moulded through life thinking that interfering in someone elses life(s) is a great deal easier than sorting out your own, and it makes you feel good as an added bonus.
    As an aside that takes care of why only 1 or 2 out of a hundred are consistently profitable from trading.

But I digress.
    The problem that we are currently bobing around in, is beyond men to fix it, even if you could find good men with the heartfelt determination to fix it.
    In the end, like the currency problem in New Zealand 1984 and the problem in Argentina 2001 and so many others just like those two examples,where interference reigned supreme, there will come a time when market forces will eventually prevail.

In the case of the holder of the oil backed reserve currency, the phrase "basket of currencies" must sound like a nightmare.
    But as the saying goes "every dog has his day"
    I would not focus upon the dilema "recession or no recession" but rather focus upon the giant mess that lies beyond the denial.

regards
    f9

#42     Jan 23, 2008

3. as an individual with strong libertarian leanings and an anarcho-capitalist bent, i fail to see how "figure head" bush is the cause of anything. man, you are really simple, aren't you?

surf

#43     Jan 23, 2008
  4. I was never a fan of Greenspan.

#44     Jan 23, 2008
  5. Is there any Fed Chairman in the history who actually did a good job?

I think this is the type of job that gets criticized no matter what.

#45     Jan 23, 2008
  6. The job should not exist.
    It was a bandaid applied to a problem.

regards
    f9

#46     Jan 23, 2008
  7. THE CHRONOLOGY IN THIS THREAD

Where do I begin?
    :confused:

#47     Jan 23, 2008
  8. See what I mean. It just restores my faith in ET

regards
    f9

#48     Jan 23, 2008
  9. Gnome, any closer to a decision about surfer yet?

#49     Jan 23, 2008
  10. I haven't seen that movie, so I can't say. I was thinking more along the lines of Homer Simpson.

#50     Jan 23, 2008