Ben S. Bernanke, PhD, is a doorknob

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Thunderdog, Jan 23, 2008.

1. There, I said it. I feel better.

2. Greenspan, and now Bernanke, have ushered in a new era of permissiveness. Think Benjamin Spock on steroids.

3. gnome

gnome

Do you remember the confirmation hearings? Bennie pleaded, "I'll kiss your ass... I'll kiss EVERYBODY'S ass... You think Greenie printed money? I'LL show you how to REALLY print the stuff!... I'll "play ball"... anything you want, just please, PLEASE, P-L-E-A-S-E make me the Fed chairman..."

THAT'S how we got the little cocksucker!

4. your from CAnada what you care!

5. ummmm, bernanke is merely the reciprocant ( surf word ) or fall guy of those who came before. the misunderstanding of political structure/reality and economics is very deep on this board.

regards,

surf

ps. of all your posts tdog, think 100% are negative?

6. I had to laugh this morning. Watching all the candidates pose as political "outsiders", bashing the very govt. they are all a part of.
    Not sure if it's true or rumour, but did Hillary not have a mortgage
    until Bill was out of office?

7. gnome

gnome

True. He hasn't done anything beneficial, but he also hasn't been in office long enough to do much that's really crappy... however, he does appear to be working on it.

8. i like the guy.

your right, time will tell.

surf:)

9. Gnome,

That's how we got him. Now how do we get rid of him?

Why am I also reminded of Michael Brown, former head of FEMA and another Bush appointee? One didn't do anything, while the other did too much (of the wrong thing). I suppose when you look at it that way, it balances out in the end.

10. When the US sneezes, Canada catches a cold.

#10     Jan 23, 2008