Ben Bernanke At It Again

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Rickshaw Man, Jul 18, 2018.

1. He is an idiot cheer leader interventionist

jys78, Maverick1 and Clubber Lang like this.
  2. trdes

trdes

edit: nm

Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
  3. trdes

trdes

edit: nm

4. Central bank intervention is the cause of the credit cycle...it creates fragility.. the interest rate is the fundenemental cost and signal.to the market ...so when you skew that you end up with malinvestment... Anything else is just keysian interventionistic statism... Don't be an apoligist for a state diluting our currency, picking winners , and redistribting expropriated value from inflation to themselves and their accomplices

Maverick1 likes this.
  5. trdes

trdes

I wasn't being an apologist as I stated or at least that wasn't my intention, I edited my post as to avoid a discussion as I know how these go, so I was going to bow out.

I was merely stating that history has proven that nothing goes on forever and needs to reset, crash or have massive changes however you want to put that. So, Yes you can point to things done wrong I get that, but at some point there will be a reset.

6. Maverick1

Maverick1

Stocktracker and jys78 like this.
  7. piezoe

piezoe

Bernanke is right. Although narrowing of the yield curve has led every recession in the past 50 years, it has also led non-recessions in the past 50 years. If I had to put my money on you jokers or on Bernanke, I'd put it on Bernanke of course.

treeman likes this.
  8. Be my guest. His track record speaks for itself. Anybody can save the banks and economy when you control the money supply. Just keep printing till things look better, that does not take a lot of skill. Im sure he is a great academia. They are real smart, LTCM had a slew of PHD types.

9. treeman

treeman

It’s not as if corporations borrow at short term treasury rates.. I’d be concerned when Corp bond yields curve flattens vs the 30 yr., which isn’t the case.

#10     Jul 19, 2018