Belligerence is the currency of the intellectually bankrupt

Discussion in 'Politics' started by loza, Aug 13, 2009.

1. Mcveigh's bombing of OK City was the largest terrorist act ever perpetrated prior to 9/11. It's still the single largest terrorist act perpetrated by a US citizen on US citizens.
    It's not a lie. It's not even an exaggeration.

#21     Aug 13, 2009
  2. Will you please post the arrest stats from the RNC vs the DNC?

#22     Aug 14, 2009
  3. maxpi

maxpi

Liberals, yeah... I'm reading Rules for Radicals... written in 1971 by a guy that croaked the following year, Saul Alinsky, life long Marxist [RIP Mutha....] The book is said to have been Obama's playbook when he was an organizer supposedly... I'm into it a few chapters, of course morality is incredibly not absolute in his view and he struggles to break it all out into the different situations and whatnot.. but talks of American freedoms and the American Revolution, Paul Of Tarsus, Jesus, etc.. as former revolutions that the modern day Marxists are carrying on!! I saw Hugo Chavez speaking the day he stole the most beautiful ranch in Venezuela from it's multi generation owners.. he was talking about carrying on the work of Jesus from the gate of his latest acquisition by force... The left wing of the Democrats is pretty much the same krap as Hugo Chavez, they are deluded a good bit.. Obama is the Leftist of the Left, as a Senator he was the farthest left one of all of them... I think we can drive him from the world stage in a few years really, he's a relic... he is out of alignment with the typical American on virtually every single issue there is.. as each American finds things that he disagrees with Obama on they will abandon him, his approval rating is a sad 47% currently... a minority of economists believe that we will have a W shaped recovery and many are certain we will have inflation so if things go that way, well.. it's the economy stupid, BO will be taking flack over the economy with a backdrop of incredibly low approval ratings most likely... Hopefully he will be the last relic of the Marxist Era to ever be in any significant position of authority anywhere...

#23     Aug 14, 2009
  4. Agreed.........

I also would state that I don't think Mr. Obama has "caused" the "birther" uproar...

I think he could have taken measures that would have silenced the issue in a very decisive way........

By releasing his long form birth certificate
    Passport used to travel to Pakistan
    School records
    Indonesian citizenship via being a dependent of Lolo Soetoro ?
    etc., etc.

#24     Aug 14, 2009
  5. By releasing his long form birth certificate
    Passport used to travel to Pakistan
    School records
    Indonesian citizenship via being a dependent of Lolo Soetoro ?
    etc., etc.

The birther "uproar" is the best thing that ever happened for Obama's chances in 2012, as it marginalizes, again, the far right wingers...

Obama's current popularity slide is not because of the birthers, who are denounced by the mainstream GOP members...

It's the economy stupid...

#25     Aug 14, 2009
  6. Illum

Illum

We shouldn't dismiss democrats from the violence of politics. Union thugs can bust some skulls too. I agree some of the weirdos are taking it too far at these meetings.

I would like to ask "Where were they during the bailouts or cap and trade?" If they are small govt people they should have been up in arms. But..... they were up in arms. Over 90% of the calls and letters to Congress against.

This is more than health care. The people have completely lost their voice in government, and they are flat out angry.

Some of the old people are scared of the health care reform. As well they should be. They won't be getting the titanium hip at age 65 if they are in the government plan. And they are smart to think their company will switch. It's just the way it's gonna be, can't afford it. They will have to pay out of pocket for those things. This part of the reform is more republican than democrat.

#26     Aug 14, 2009
  7. What the birthers don't seem to understand is that Obama doesn't give a shit about them or what they think

Obama has many problems and stressful issues on his mind,the birthers are not one of them

#27     Aug 14, 2009
  8. I wonder if these folks are some of those "scientists" that populate the Democratic party.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-aAU76bqL4Y&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-aAU76bqL4Y&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

#28     Aug 14, 2009
  9. the old folks up there screaming "we dont want government healthcare" make themselves look pretty stupid because they are already on government healthcare. its called medicare.
    i have had 4 parents on medicare all the way through the end of life and i can testify that medicare is a great program. i think its actually too generous because they will run expensive tests multiple times without question.

#29     Aug 14, 2009
  10. Agreed

My grandfather voluntarily gave up his private health ins that was part of his retirement package to switch to Medicare and he was happy with it until he passed.

I agree with you that Obama is his selling his plan all wrong,he should have just advertised his plan as Medicare available for all or something like that

#30     Aug 14, 2009