Believe it or not!

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Stocktracker, Apr 28, 2018.

1. Jzwu2017

Jzwu2017

Whatever the background is, all I see is green and red colors (candles) and both are my favorite colors.

#11     Apr 29, 2018
  2. jinxu

jinxu

In my experience. What is more important then color was the shape/size/feel of the mouse. The wrong mouse will always lead to trading error. But the right mouse has the ergonomics that can lead to trading success. Hint don't use the Apple mouse. I hate this mouse like no other product ever.

#12     Apr 29, 2018
    Frederick Foresight likes this.
  3. Handle123

Handle123

Most of the time I use Teal background, but since most studies I have read, too much of same color produces eyestrain will go to white, the worst for eyes is glare or reflections. Anything other than natural lighting will cause fatigue, needed breaks every 20 minutes to look away and I use a timer to remind me, constant pressures of trading makes body very strained and weak. I also at one point developed horrible back pain and had lots of tests to discover unknown why had pain when I sat in front of computer, then I thought constant looking down being 6'6", am usually use to looking down at people, but since people are all sizes, my neck moves, unlike using a laptop. So I jacked up height by using a tub got at Walmart to store things in, and after month, the pain went away, added plus was more air flow for laptop and less heat. One doesn't feel like doing anything with back pain.

I have had many medical problems past ten years, and most likely came about due to trading and not taking care of my body as I should. I had remodeled my house in 2001 for trading to include much exercise equipment in my office with screens and keyboard/mouse in front of them. Screens in showers, LOL screens in all rooms really except guest. The only health problems I have not had is for heart, very strong cause I worked out so often during my 18-24 hour days of working and studying about trading. My eyes are most of my concerns at this stage but going each month for ongoing checks for glaucoma that I understand is coming, in family history. I have had eleven surgeries, radiation , chemotherapy three separate times for four years, have died on table once. Have chronic Sarcoidosis(not from trading) and was given steroids to combat inflammation-gained 260lbs from side affect of this drug,changed doctors to neurologist who put me on Tumeric(Indian spice) and helps much for inflammation. The extra weight gave me Fibromyalgeria, went to see doctor in London and he said USA has most hormones in food, stop eating them so have stopped eating hormones in meats/dairy/fats, and have lost 210lbs so far in four years. Exercise does nothing for losing weight unless you doing it 6 plus hours a day, reduction of calorie intake best way and always eating every 3 hours couple hundred calories. Skipping meals will actually put on weight, body goes into starvation mode. But exercise does keep body stronger and organs, and to a degree motivates one to stay on eating good. The best foods at grocery store with exception of bakery are against the walls of stores and everything in the middle is processed or touch by humans, fruits/veggies, organic meats and dairy are usually located on most outside of the groceries, so for me it is a quick left turn and never in store shopping longer than ten minutes. Recently diagnosed with Aspergers syndrome which helps me know why I detest being in social settings and can't identify why people do what they do, nor have clear feelings of love/hate, much difficulty understanding sarcasm as I think in terms of hurting them before they hurt me but delay it now as they were just joking. Am always confused by why I know my surrounding better than most people, I "know" who is carrying hidden guns, who can fight, Sarcoidosis has increase my smelling ability-am better than dogs on some illegal drugs, and I rapidly know where exits are. Physicians luv me as I most likely pay their office rent on my weekly health problems, am like that finicky race horse-always have problems but seldom lose.

Age is huge factor as well, forty years of trading, man you have to love what you do for the sake of work, or you will dislike most of your existence. I could never do prop or hedge fund for someone else unless I was at home trading. If you trade for yourself, you are a business owner, you developed your methods and skills most people do not have. So regarding trading, never going to work for others. For me, nothing better than offering people employment and building a business, building your life. You just have to learn you feel uneasy about something or somebodys and keep going no matter what, and other people try their best to stop/delay your fortunes. I think too many people fear success.

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/five-surefire-ways-to-reduce-computer-eyestrain/
    https://www.quora.com/What-are-the-best-color-combinations-to-reduce-eye-strain-on-a-screen

#13     Apr 29, 2018
  4. JackRab

JackRab

I've got all my colors on green... that way I always make money... easypeasy.

Except for my Chinese stuff... that's red since that's their positive color.

#14     Apr 30, 2018
  5. tomorton

tomorton

I trade with my eyes shut.

#15     Apr 30, 2018
  6. Humpy

Humpy

I have been thinking of fitting out a punch bag in my house, so I can take out my frustrations on that rather than revenge trading, abusing the neighbours etc.
    What do you think ?

#16     Apr 30, 2018
  7. Ask the president to get your neighbors to pay for the punching bag.

#17     May 6, 2018
    Humpy likes this.
  8. That has the ring of truth to it. But I prefer a touch pad to a mouse. I have a 5" x 5" external touch pad that, if I angle it towards me just so, increases my win rate. And if I place it more towards the right of the keypad, it improves my R:R. Who knew.

Last edited: May 6, 2018
    #18     May 6, 2018
  9. CSEtrader

CSEtrader

Thank you very much for sharing your experience and so sorry for your health! Thank you for nice links, I just started to experience my eyes problem, after only nine years of PC, with only past three of constant seating at the screen. Because we both had the death experience, (I came with a car accident and twenty days of light coma), I feel to share with you somewhat helped me. For instance, have you tried some alternative methods, like Ayurveda or aromatherapy? I believe canyon Ranch chain should have some good doctors. But they are mostly in Europe or in India. And the simple 10 minutes of Qi Cong? We found this video nice and easy while bringing good energy and balance . Hope it will make sence. All the ebst to you! And thanks again for rbinign all thoose years of your expericne.

#19     May 14, 2018
    Handle123 likes this.
  10. i made the background color to the surroundings my eyes(and mind) got used to.I live in the snowy region, so i made the color gray.

#20     May 14, 2018