Believe in yourself

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by buzz, Jan 1, 2006.

1. buzz

buzz

"We must just keep buggering on."

Winston Churchill

#41     Jan 9, 2006
  2. buzz

buzz

Believe those who are seeking the truth; doubt those who find it.

#42     Jan 16, 2006
  3. One of the biggest stumbling blocksto being successful at trading are other people's opinions.
    If your heart is not in it ...and i'm not just talking money,then the drive is not there to continue it's gotta be a passion for the trading experience, anticipation of success that will push a person to continue even after losing money,losing on a trade is merely a temporary obstacle that will soon be overcome, success is always around the bend- every time a trader loses he or she becomes much more cautious and learns (hopefully) a valuable lesson.

And then the trend begins to change , losses become less frequent, advice is not as necessary as it used to be.

This will be hard to accept by others....but personality plays a major role-patience,very positive attitude,ability in general and a disregard for those negative voices,the ability to be solitary helps with clear thinking and judgement.

If you had someone take you under their wing it would be easier than if you did not- the way alone will be filled with obstacles.

Time , patience and personal sacrifice- perseverance
    especially if you alearning alone are all necessities.

If you don't wait for a decent entry , you may wait longer for a decent exit.

#43     Jan 17, 2006
  4. I read about all this complex and confusing methods for trading in this website. I believe in well-trained vision over technical indicators. By having my own vision over indicators, I am fast to react to good entry signals. In today's day trading environment, fraction of a second makes a big difference.

#44     Jan 18, 2006
  5. Cheese

Cheese

It would not even occur to me to not believe in myself. However I never use that belief to do other than concentrate and learn to know well what I'm doing in trading or in business.

Usually when growing up each of us gets enough motherly praise and the right fatherly example. The only factor to disrupt that is where parental disapproval featured in your upbringing. It would not have helped your sense of worthiness if for example you had been repeatedly told as you grew up that you were ugly little asshole.
    :)

#45     Jun 23, 2006
  6. newtoet

newtoet

You have to believe in yourself. If you do not have self-confidence and the belief that you can succeed, then you will not no matter how hard you try. Your mind always trumps your efforts, imo.

Trader-X made a good post about it on his blog, and recommends a book that I think is the best out there:

http://traderx.blogspot.com/2006/06/tad-principle.html

#46     Jun 23, 2006
  7. mxjones

mxjones

Your mind always trumps your efforts. Agree 100%.

#47     Jun 24, 2006

8. You know my family?

#48     Jun 24, 2006
  9. Erase this part of the opening post below. Draw money out monthly from your trading profits and SPEND IT. Make it TANGIBLE. Fantasyland has no place in my vocabulary as I grow older, other than the creative ideas that I visualize and want to research, test and exploit.

find it hard to get rich

#49     Jun 24, 2006