Believe in yourself

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by buzz, Jan 1, 2006.

1. tolstoy

tolstoy

#31     Jan 3, 2006
  2. Thankyou Jack for the attachment and especially the post above. It seems you hit the nail on the head again.

You logically show why and how belief is of lower consideration in trading and showed the real process necessary to succeed.

I must admit that after reading your post, it made total sense that knowledge, skills, and experience are much more impt than belief in oneself. And as you state, it would probably be very tough to know what risk your at without the accompanying knowledge, skills, and experience.

I guess I was using belief in myself to gather the necessary knowledge, skills, and experience due to not knowing the risk factors on the outset. I will really have think about this one.

#32     Jan 3, 2006
  3. You are much further along than can be realized presently.

As the roles of the gatherer and the hunter are examined (before and after baseball was invented for descriptive purposes), the gatherer operates from the vantage point of supporting child bearing and the hunter is just more or less an apendage that is occasionally successful.

The grind to gather for the mind has that one invincible characteristic of exponential sharpening of instruments found and used. Hunting for targets, on the other hand, inevitably dulls the instrument with each occurring missed target.

The necessary belief to gather rather than hunt is a lynch pin in the growth process.

As a humorous aside, it is very apparent that the chick crusaders in ET get pretty beat up in the markets carrying their bag of baseball bats around.

#33     Jan 3, 2006
  4. Atlantic

Atlantic

anyone who says there is any trading with "no risk" either lives in la-la-land or is simply stupid like a bag of straw - but anyway has obviously not the slightest clue of what he is talking about and has of course never made on real trade in his whole life.

thinking about trading without any risk is like thinking about swimming without getting wet.

#34     Jan 4, 2006
  5. buzz

buzz

Avoid the obvious: The prettiest patterns trigger the most painful losses. If it looks too good to be true, it probably is.

Don't seek the Holy Grail: There's no secret trading formula other than solid risk management, so stop looking for it.

buzz

#35     Jan 8, 2006
  6. Sorry, the hoily grail does exist

#36     Jan 8, 2006

7. waxie would tend to disagree$$$

kafriggin chingo$$

he rules the market imo

#37     Jan 8, 2006
  8. buzz

buzz

Avoid the complexity trap: Well-trained vision is more effective than a stack of indicators. Common sense is more valuable than a backtested system.

Don't project your personal life: Trading gives you the perfect opportunity to discover just how screwed up your life really is. Get your own house in order before playing the financial markets.

Kill the thrill: Get an Xbox 360 if you're looking for entertainment. Trading should be a total bore most of the time -- just like the real job you have right now.

#38     Jan 8, 2006
  9. Good post.

#39     Jan 8, 2006
  10. OK buzz, THAT I agree with

#40     Jan 8, 2006