Belief In God Plummets Among Youth

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Jun 14, 2012.

1. Are you claiming you believe in leprechauns , what else do the voices in your head tell you?

#51     Jun 15, 2012
  2. Do you trade?

#52     Jun 15, 2012
  3. Good point. Sometimes religious faith is not just a question of lack of education but is instead one of indoctrination. Some folks can think independently for themselves and break away, others are more intellectually docile and follow right along, not wanting to rock the boat. Those intellectually docile folks are usually conservatives.

#53     Jun 15, 2012
  4. Right, and those who follow the pied pipers of liberal indoctrination
    in college and beyond are supposedly "independent thinkers " :D :D :D :eek:

#54     Jun 15, 2012
  5. Don't be silly, leprechauns are behind the intelligent design of the universe and they are Jesus's uncles.

#55     Jun 15, 2012
  6. kut2k2

kut2k2

Wrong again. Science cannot ABSOLUTELY answer the question but it can deduce a probability, which is so close to zero as to be practically indistinguishable from zero. When people adhere to a belief for which there is not one iota of a shred of real evidence, it's pretty clear where the real problem lies .... Hint: it ain't with science, nor with the disbelievers.

Religion gives you the warm fuzzies. Good for you, but that doesn't mean you're living in the real world, silly boy. Go join the nerds at Comic Con; they get the warm fuzzies a lot from imaginary beings as well. :D

#56     Jun 16, 2012
  7. kut2k2

kut2k2

+1

#57     Jun 16, 2012
  8. I dunno.

As a person in Allied Health, I have seen some strange stuff, more than once.

Yes, I have seen prayers for the terminally ill go unanswered by an entire church.

I have also seen people tell us goodbye, when there was no clinical evidence of death, and don't mean that they said goodbye and they died a month later either. I mean they said goodbye and they were gone the next day. Again, no clinical evidence of rapid decline.

So, I have to remain an agnostic. I have seen too much to be a believer, and too much to be an atheist.

#58     Jun 16, 2012
  9. jem

jem

Why do atheists always make this ridiculous claim.
    They say there is no evidence of a Creator.
    Bullshit.
    Open your eyes. learn physics

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WhGdVMBk6Zo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#59     Jun 16, 2012
  10. kut2k2

kut2k2

#60     Jun 16, 2012