Belief In God Plummets Among Youth

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Jun 14, 2012.

1. FT clearly , misunderstood the post in which he was responding to and thought it was a neat place to ineptly post his george carlin quote he's been itching to paste.
    Perhaps your reading comprehension sucks like ft's as well if all you have as a retort is a personal attack.

I suggest you STFU if that's all you got.

#41     Jun 15, 2012

2. i didnt misunderstand. i chose to ignore it all except for the part where you expose that you fear some unseen imaginary skydaddy will do harm to anyone who refuses to believe in it.

rather childish for a grown man to beleve such tripe dont you think?

#42     Jun 15, 2012
  3. Opulence

Opulence

This is excellent news. I'd love to see the day where people aren't outcasts from society because they don't follow a religious system. There are some of us smart enough not to buy into that nonsense, and we should be penalized for that?

#43     Jun 15, 2012
  4. Thanks for making my point. Does God exist?, is not a scientific question, therefore cannot be answered by science. Real scientists don't even try to answer that question with scientific research. It's the religion of Atheism which chooses to attempt to answer that question by using science. Silly boy's!

#44     Jun 15, 2012
  5. The scientific method is merely a formal methodology concerning how to apply reason.
    wouldnt it be wise,before you invest your life in a belief, that you apply some reasioning ability to the question of whether or not what you believe is real?
    of course thats just me. i value intellectual honesty. it may be different for some of you.

#45     Jun 15, 2012
  6. Opulence

Opulence

There's a law of man called social heredity. This is when parents and other people whom a child grows up around pass their views and beliefs on to their children, who's parents passed it on to them, and the cycle continues. Considering that most people who believe in god were practically forced into that belief at a very young age, it's difficult for them to break that belief, no matter how old they get. No matter how much logic, reason, etc. you hit them with, they'd never even take it into consideration. That's how embedded those beliefs are. So, it's pretty pointless to argue with that kind of person.

#46     Jun 15, 2012

7. You really are a moron.

I just finished correcting you in this error and here you are stating the same error again.

Evidently you see the arguments You wish I made vs what was really presented.

Seems like you do that larger scale philosophically as well.

#47     Jun 15, 2012
  8. Please show me any scientific papers you can whose hypothesis concern the existence or non-existence of God , thanks.

#48     Jun 15, 2012
  9. "The scientific method is merely a formal methodology concerning how to apply reason."

is this concept too difficult for you. do i have to dumb it down to first grade level so you can grasp it?

#49     Jun 15, 2012
  10. Please show me any scientific papers you can whose hypothesis concern the existence or non-existence of leprechauns , thanks.

#50     Jun 15, 2012