Belief In God Plummets Among Youth

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Jun 14, 2012.

1. Specterx

Specterx

Eighty-three percent is shockingly high. I've lived in DC, SF, LA and the proportion of true believers in these places seems more like 5-15%. Are there really that many hundreds of millions of people living in rural bumfuckville?

#21     Jun 14, 2012
  2. That's an entirley different argument. You stated that there were no people of credible intelligence that were believers. I offered one. There are many others.
    Now if you want to argue about evidence, that's a different subject. Evidence is everywhere, or nowhere, depending on your point of view. I have found it pointless to argue this fact as it is purely subjective in nature. Don't wanna' believe what's in front of your eye's, then don't believe. Makes no never mind to me. I'm just saying there is no absolute certainty on the subject of God.

#22     Jun 14, 2012
  3. And so, this argument is ended, for there is none:)

#23     Jun 14, 2012
  4. Comparative religion is an amazing thing, especially if you try to do it outside of the books. The God of the bible is, well....let's just say he got some splanin to do.

Whether or not there is something beyond us, that we do not have complete access to, my experience also says there is something else beyond our skin and bone.

#24     Jun 14, 2012
  5. I never tire of reading this quote of yours. It's a good one.

And yes occupythis is not worth reading. Like I said before, his forum name must be a plea for something, anything, to occupy the space between his ears. But until he violates my personal criteria for ignoring, I'll keep reading his drivel and let you know if he ever says anything of value. I suspect it'll a long time if ever that that happens.

#25     Jun 14, 2012
  6. Yes, there is definite correlation between an individual's ignorance and distrust of science with their belief in God and denial of GW.

#26     Jun 14, 2012
  7. I for one would never want to see Jesus "out". Just the irrational trappings.

#27     Jun 14, 2012
  8. I guess that's what happens when the proposed messiah (pres bo) turns out to be nothing but an incompetent mudblood.

#28     Jun 14, 2012
  9. Not a bit surprising at all.
    Anybody that thinks they posses one of the greatest human minds by definition probably has a wee little problem called hubris.

#29     Jun 14, 2012
  10. Mercor

Mercor

God is in the sky, you fool...

#30     Jun 14, 2012