Belief in God and Market Perspective

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by FredBloggs, Jul 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. To love him is to love and practice the principals he stood for, not to love some long haired figment of your imagination.

#31     Jul 31, 2008
  2. If the dead can change their minds, Lazarus would have.

The Rich Man and Lazarus
    19"There was a rich man who was dressed in purple and fine linen and lived in luxury every day. 20At his gate was laid a beggar named Lazarus, covered with sores 21and longing to eat what fell from the rich man's table. Even the dogs came and licked his sores.
    22"The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham's side. The rich man also died and was buried. 23In hell, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side. 24So he called to him, 'Father Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire.'

25"But Abraham replied, 'Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, while Lazarus received bad things, but now he is comforted here and you are in agony. 26And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been fixed, so that those who want to go from here to you cannot, nor can anyone cross over from there to us.'

27"He answered, 'Then I beg you, father, send Lazarus to my father's house, 28for I have five brothers. Let him warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.'

29"Abraham replied, 'They have Moses and the Prophets; let them listen to them.'

30" 'No, father Abraham,' he said, 'but if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent.'

31"He said to him, 'If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.' "

#32     Jul 31, 2008
  3. ammo

ammo

there were 6 guys sittin in heaven on a log eating hotdogs and beans around an open campfire,the muslim,jew,gentile,catholic and jehovah were all arguing about which religion most closely served god, and the 6th guy on the end ,the caveman,asked what's religion? You don't need religion to know god

#33     Jul 31, 2008
  4. jem

jem

I am not saying you have to believe in the new testament, but if you do this passage is pre messiah and therefore could be pre - opening of heaven for all but a few.

Additionally, we do not know if this separation is like hades, sheol or hell. Is hell seperation?

We do not know if this regime applies to all.

#34     Aug 1, 2008
  5. The story of Lazarus was a parable told by Jesus.

#35     Aug 1, 2008
  6. jem

jem

ok let me be more specific.

It was a parable about a period pre-resurrection. Remember the rich prince guy came to jesus and told jesus all the ways he was good. And jesus said to him if you truly believe your are good enough - if you truly think you can get in under that program - sell everything and follow me.

To me jesus was sort of saying yeah sure. Good luck getting in under the law.

Jesus could have so what being good is not enough - you have to believe in me. But he did not. The Jews may have been able to get to heaven before his coming? And since there is a chance there is not time in "heaven" I wonder about all the fundamentalist interpretations of you have to accept Jesus while you are alive to get to heaven.

Again I am learning here. I am not teaching. I could be dead wrong and I do not want anyone to think I am correct. But I have never gotten good answers to these questions.

Can Jews before the resurrection get to heaven? How. Can current jews still. Is the main problem that the temple is not in existence?

#36     Aug 1, 2008
  7. Negatore.

In the four pop gospels, only about 20% of what is said that I said can be traced to what came out of my mouth. This pseudo-parable is easily seen for what it is: another of many attempts to use me to endorse pop Judeo-biblio thought stream, making me, magically, the Son of the god-of-israel/god-of-this-world, subverting the "good news" of freedom from such megalo-meniacal bondage. This agenda can be seen in the way I am used to endorse the Hebrew prophets, Elijah, Moses, Abraham...reducing me to the son of a book, a door to door bible salesman, subordinating reality to myth. In that role I call myself, "son of man", which is the ignoble false flip side of a dual-role, three-year passion play which represents everyone's truth as the "Son of God".

Said agenda strips the universal meaning of the "Son of God" and reduces a lesson in an unlimited reality to a sound-byte, meekly crucified to satisfy a demand for a mythical messiah to magically endorse conventional wisdom sooner than later, extend the ruler-of-this-world's reign, and provide the "true" part of a neo-levitical heirarchical sacrificial guilt-exchange system *based on a true story*, greasing the wheels of the universal idol industry running on fear. As such, I provide just enough truth - about 20% - for an utterly false and subverse superstructure to be erected upon the illusive sands of time. In the process, the Truth is re-crucified, mangled beyond recognition and presented as a bloody mess, that the mad mentality of "man" and his religions may live on infamously, indefinitely. Nothing new under the sun. Been going on since before the foundation of the world. It is how the world was founded, which is what the lesson of the crucifixion is all about. The world is a battleground for insane unreal war, it's first casualty: the Truth. The very first sentence of the Bible is propaganda in support of the universal lie, that there is more than Heaven, God's perfect creation, which is his "only begotten Son". Note how said agenda recruits the Truth to support the lie.

As an example, scholars already suspect that the events leading up to my crucifixion as described in the pop gospel John are spurious. Indeed, they are, betraying rather a deep hatred popularly felt for the establishment as represened by the high priest at that time. Rather, my whereabouts were sold out to a Roman officer scouting for Pilate, who wanted to set an example of someone on the occasion of the Jewish passover in order to assert/re-assert his authority in the region through intimidation. There was no trial at the High Priests house that night. It does not conform with their strict adherence to their laws and would have backfired on them had they attempted something so brazen against a growing pop icon. Pilate wanted me and got me. That's all there is to it.

Jesus

#37     Aug 1, 2008
  8. ammo

ammo

signing your post jesus,as if this is what you know he meant by forging his name ,is the same problem wiyh many religions,their take on the subject is primary in their beleif and by ascribing to it,all otheres are of lesser importance,kind of goes against the asking for forgiveness idea,and the he is omnipotent idea,sort of contradictory in a set of beleifs,which makes the whole premise of most religions skeptical and gives non beleivers ammunition to propose he doesnt exist,even tho religion has very little to do with god

#38     Aug 1, 2008
  9. stu

stu

Believing Bible stories as if they were true, or fictional characters in it like Jesus or Lazarus as if they were actual, might allow one the somewhat doubtful ability to lose in trading, but believe they have won.

#39     Aug 1, 2008
  10. Firstly, the problem of time is part of the mistake that makes this world. The Son of God stands at the beginning and end of time, the alpha and omega of hell. All time is hell, being a vast illusion, a kind of sorcerers trick to usurp Eternity, which is always "at hand", now. Only the Son of God can be said to be real. In time he appears as legion of self-concepts. One kind of concept is called "Jew", another, "stu". :)
    I represent all self-concepts as "son of man". Man exists as the Son of God , in diaspora, fragmented, exiled, his temple destroyed, tortured and crucified. . The Atonement [at-one-ment] is a process ongoing in time that regathers the "lost sheep of the house of Israel", which means to rebuild the holy Temple [think: mind, home] of the "broken" Son, who's real Oneness was "broken" for the "many" unreal. My resurrection is the first-fruits of the Atonment , and the promise of redemption to all, given time. There is plenty of time, for the Son of God is the alpha and omega of it. Time awaits each ones acceptance of the Atonement, they he may fulfill his role in the unmaking and dismantling of a false and insane belief system: the world of time. All are predestined to be saved, as each accepts his vital role in the overall salvation of the Son of God from an internal psycholical split as represented by the schizophrenic duality of "son of man" and "Son of God" in one being. Salvation does not attempt to reconcile them, for they are unreconcilable, being opposites. To try is to rely on magic and kaballa [bullshit] to save you. That is not God's plan. I played my role perfectly. Now it is your turn to step up to the plate. The Holy Spirit has something uniquely pre-scribed, that only you can fulfill, and without your fulfillment, none of the Son will be saved. Your only true function in the world...the only thing that will ever make you happy, is to find your purpose in the role written just for you. You are literally the savior of the world. What else is the world but the lost, and wandering "prodigal Son"? What does not exist will pass away. It is not wanted. It does not matter what happenes to it..."burned" whatever. It will not be attacked. How do you attack something that is not really there? It does not exist, and disappears when faith in it is withdrawn. Such is the world. All that is real is saved, for that is all that can be saved. What is real is the mind of the Son, temporarily confused by false self-concepts. When these are gently washed out of his mind, he will understand his innocence and be free once again.

Jesus

#40     Aug 1, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.