Belief in God and Market Perspective

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by FredBloggs, Jul 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Technically, no...because God is not a moron.

The closest thing to an unmovable boulder is this world, which the Truth is in the process of removing [in time]. It is built on faith, and dismantled by faith. Same faith, different objectives: Sanity vs insanity, Truth vs illusions. The attractiveness of the opposing objectives will determine the outcome. They are not equal in strength. My resurrection prophecies the outcome. Believe it or not.

Jesus

#21     Jul 28, 2008
  2. A professor of critical thinking once posed a question to the effect of -- if God is omnipotent, could he create a boulder so heavy that he himself could not even move it?
    -------------------

Technically a human question and within expectations of the limits of human intelligence, n'est ce pas?

#22     Jul 28, 2008
  3. Fractal

Fractal

I do not believe in the Omnipotent Mexican Three-Headed Seahorse, nor the Great Sweaty Pink Buffalo. I'm quite glad I don't, as well.

If I did, I'd lose at life rather quickly. If I don't, I win.

#23     Jul 28, 2008
  4. Nicely said. Are you Jesus or just a fan?

#24     Jul 28, 2008
  5. Quite true. And hence the quote from Wittgenstein. Notice the emphasis on limited, which limits the objectivity of any human reply to said formulated question.

As for IAM, the question was posed from a critical thinking view point, not an opinionated view point. You should take a course in CT sometime.

#25     Jul 28, 2008
  6. I believe in both God and science/evolution etc. Some would say that they conflict, but here is the analogy that I use to describe the situation as I see it: If I were to ask "Is Elaine on Seinfeld a good dancer?" Well for those of you who have not seen the show, Elaine is a horrible dancer. But on the other hand the actress who plays Elaine, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, might in fact be a fine dancer. It would be ridiculous to argue that Elaine is a good dancer, just as it is ridiculous to argue against the laws of science. Instead the argument should be, yes evolution and science is true, within the context of the world that can be seen with our eyes. But there may be a higher form of reality.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5xi4O1yi6b0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5xi4O1yi6b0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

#26     Jul 28, 2008
  7. Thanks. I just give credit where I think credit is due.

"Jesus":)

#27     Jul 28, 2008
  8. We didn't have cartoons [CT] two-thousand years ago, so we just watched the Pharisees on Saturday mornings.

Here's a question: Should Scooby-doo talk? [After all, he's a dog.]
    Answer: God is.

After that, there are no words. What does that say about the world?
    In the end, everything except God is a metaphor.

Jesus:D

#28     Jul 28, 2008
  9. Do you think that good people go to Heaven?

Are you a good person?

Find out for sure at www.goodtest.org.

#29     Jul 31, 2008
  10. jem

jem

it is a very good question - do good people go to heaven.

From the stand point of the christian bible.. I am pretty sure that to get to spend eternity with God you will have to acknowledge God /Jesus and probably love him. I suspect to know him is to love him so that would not be an obstacle for any not satan's out there.

The real question is do some people get a second shot. Can you love him for the first time after death?

I have always wonder how many judgments people experience.

#30     Jul 31, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.