Belief in evolution by country - % of population

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tresor, Feb 2, 2010.

1. 1. a book written by superstitious ignorant men who had no concept of science and who thought thunder and lightening were God himself speaking.

2. the power of the internet. when i was young the only source of knowledge were books written by men designed to indoctrinate. computers and the internet were not even experimental yet. now you have the answer to every question at your fingertips.

3. ever heard of pascals wager?

#51     Feb 4, 2010
  2. fhl

fhl

On the sixth day, God created the platypus. And God said: let's see
    the evolutionists try and figure this one out.

#52     Feb 4, 2010
  3. on the 3rd day god created the plants. on the fourth day god created the sun. let the bible thumpers figure out how plants grow before there is sun. wait. it does not matter. they will rationalize every unbelievable thing away.

The Bible says in Genesis, Ch. No.1, Verse No. 11 to 13 The vegetation, the herbs the shrubs, the trees – they were created on the 3rd day

And, Genesis, Ch. No. 1, Verses. 14 to 19, the sun was created on the 4th day

#53     Feb 4, 2010
  4. rcn10ec

rcn10ec

First of all plants do not need the sun vhehn, they need light. (created first day) I grow tomato seedlings in my basement every year under heat lamps.
    Besides, if God can create it do you not think He can also keep it alive for a day or two without a sun?

#54     Feb 4, 2010
  5. Oh, come on, vhehn. First you believe in evolution and now photosynthesis? Where does your gullibility end?

#55     Feb 4, 2010
  6. "If" is the middle word of life. That "if" is a big assumption on your part, don't you think? So he creates a process and then defies it? You must be bending yourself into a pretzel trying to make all your nonsense fit together somehow, eh?

#56     Feb 4, 2010
  7. see. that is rationalization. now a thinking person might figure out that the bible is written that way because the men who wrote the bible had no concept of photosynthesis. of course an all knowing god should have known so if the bible is really a product of a perfect god it should be perfect.

#57     Feb 4, 2010
  8. lol. one thing for sure my amusement never ends around here.

#58     Feb 4, 2010
  9. rcn10ec

rcn10ec

Answer my question vhehn...Do you not think that if God created it that He could keep it alive for a day or two without a sun? Not that it would die anyway in just a day.

#59     Feb 4, 2010
  10. here we have the old magic defense. if something does not make sense we claim god could do it anyhow because he can perform magic.

how do you rationalize this story:
    And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof; 22 And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.

#60     Feb 4, 2010