Belief in evolution by country - % of population

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tresor, Feb 2, 2010.

1. maybe you could try a little deeper thinking. in an era of world wide communications what yould happen to a person who came up with evidence that scientifically supported creationism? what would fox news do?

#41     Feb 3, 2010
  2. I readily acknowledge that what we call science cannot, nor should it, be able to verify the existence of G-D. If, from my perspective, any of the creation could verify the Creator, then that would be a larger problem. Creation occured before man, according to Genesis. We have a wide gulf that cannot be bridged by man in so far as knowledge of the creation is concerned.

The same logic applies to macro-evolution. Darwinist's require massive amounts of time and chance to make their philosophy work. What I call faith, they call millions and billions of years.

At the end of the day, we both stand at the edge of a great canyon, unable to reach the other side, except through faith.

But this should not stop learned men from formulating hypotheses based upon the data, prudent scientific research and peer review, regardless if that scientist has a faith in G-D or in millions and billions of years.

#42     Feb 3, 2010
  3. Academic=big money? That is a good one.:p

I long ago put Barth on ignore, but thanks for responding to him--I needed a good laugh.

#43     Feb 3, 2010
  4. why? if you know anything about the cristian religion you are told that all god wants is for man to come into a relationship with him.

if that is the case why should your god hide. if an all powerful all knowing god really wanted men to believe in him it should be easy to come up with something to prove he exists.
    how about this. god announces to fox news that tomorrow at noon he will be at a childrens hospital and every sick kid with cancer will walk out of there cured. why does you god hide if he wants man to worship him?

#44     Feb 4, 2010
  5. rcn10ec

rcn10ec

He has already 'been there and done that'. What did He get? Once is enough.

#45     Feb 4, 2010
  6. why is once enough if your goal is to convince men to follow you? so you are telling me that an all powerful all knowing god doesnt have the time to to show himself often doing loving deeds for his flock? what does he do all day? sleep?

#46     Feb 4, 2010
  7. rcn10ec

rcn10ec

vhehn... have you ever honestly and sincerely bowed your head and humbly ask Him to reveal Himself to you? I'm serious.
    If you will do that with the right heart/attitude, He will.
    You don't have to get psyched out, go into trance, or anything like that...just ask...honestly, sincerely, and humbly.

#47     Feb 4, 2010
  8. i was a bible thumper for 50 years. then i educated myself. i am immune to emotional superstition now.

"those who talk to God are religious. those who think God talks to back to them are psychotic. "

#48     Feb 4, 2010
  9. rcn10ec

rcn10ec

Three questions, vhehn...
    (1)What were you putting your faith in for all those years?
    (2)Why did it take you so long to become "educated"?
    (3)What if you are now wrong?
    I don't mean to get too personal, just asking.

#49     Feb 4, 2010
  10. There is no proof of a god or gods.
    Argument ended.

#50     Feb 4, 2010