Being labeled Democrat or Republican is a great smoke screen.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by nitro, Jun 19, 2010.

To be labeled a Republican or a Democrat only obfuscates

1. Yes.

17 vote(s)
    63.0%
  2. No.

7 vote(s)
    25.9%
  3. I don't know

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I don't care

3 vote(s)
    11.1%
  1. pspr

pspr

There are only two groups. Those who work to make it and those who want to take it. Label them as you wish.

#11     Jun 20, 2010
  2. nitro

nitro

I strongly disagree with this assessment, but I do know what you are trying to imply. However, I think you have causality backwards. I claim that everyone wants to make it when society incentives its citizens correctly. But when people are born into poverty, their parents scrambling just to be able to eat and not be homeless, with little or no chance of rising out of poverty, they do what Sun Tzu suggests, "When in the presence of a superior opponent, retreat." The result is the children are the casualties, and the cycle repeats endlessly.

You know, it used to be that when a people didn't like each other, they were cast away from a land. Consider the exiles from Spain in the 1500s that became many Latin American countries, or the exiles from the UK that became Australia, etc. There are no more free lands left to leave to. Now it is their way or the highway.

People keep touting that the world is not fair and it never has been fair. That's fine. But when taxes are levied against them and the system is being changed, the same people cry that is unfair.

#12     Jun 20, 2010
  3. nitro

nitro

#13     Jun 20, 2010