Being "In the Zone"

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by trend_guy, Sep 30, 2002.

1. I have really become a streaky trader lately...two weeks of great trading... two weeks of terrible trading. Does this happen to anyone else out there?

I believe my losing streaks are caused by trading when there isn't real opportunity but this is just a guess... anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks

2. get some graph paper and mark your daily P+L

use some scale like each box = 25 or 50 or 100 etc $$$

see if you can slow down when you see your boxes

sliding down like the DOW ( sorry no pun intended)

good luck

I am using this approach to help me control my risk better

also Van Tharp mentions something called R multiples
    in one of his books ...

might be worth a look for one of his posts here
    (maybe he discusses this )

good luck

3. That's what I think.

4. when you are going good, you should be working on your plan for when your next losing streak hits.

Always always working. You don't want to be caught in a losing streak wondering, "now what?" because losing streaks can be very damaging to the mind and body and you won't be thinking right when you are in the middle of one.

I think the math goes, that the worst time to change is in a losing streak, because you run the risk of hitting every system when it is just going into a nosedive.

There is nothing that I know of that you can do when you are losing. But there are an endless number of productive strategies you can exploit when you are winning.

Make hay while the sun shines man, that easy money will soon need to be paid for.