Being happy with life....

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Port1385, Dec 26, 2008.

1. Is there any food item, any minerals and supplements that will help to become happy. Anything except drugs?

Thanks

#21     Dec 30, 2008
  2. meaning of life is being happy with yourself. for those of you that help others(i suggest you do),you may feel unappreciated but you are always rewarded in the long run.
    always stay humble and never lose focus,complacency will kill you. never lose that drive.
    i used to give that bs response about "providing liquidity",trying to sound sophisticated. now i just tell it like it is;i'm a trader. i trade stocks and don't hold overnight. if thats a daytrader then i guess thats what i am.

#22     Dec 30, 2008
  3. Trader2000

You said

never lose that drive.

But that is very difficult. One always starts with lots of enthusiasm and gradually it diminishes. Zen mind beginners mind. It is difficult to keep beginners mind all the time.

#23     Dec 31, 2008
  4. zdreg

zdreg

this question was once asked of high school students.
    the answer that stayed with me was one should try to make a difference for the short time we are here.

#24     Dec 31, 2008
  5. Well, poor people face hardships better than rich one. They work harder and aim higher too. If we see history, most people who are famous or did something were generally from poor families. Maybe they get more insults and not get many things when young as poor, so work hard to get things. What do you say?

#25     Dec 31, 2008
  6. I feel more full of life contemplating my mortality and inevitable end. Sounds depressing - but I think there is a more special satisfaction in Truth.

Here's an image for meditation:
    [​IMG]

"Wer war der Thor, wer Weiser, wer Bettler oder Kaiser?"
    "Ob Arm,ob Reich,im Tode gleich"

"Who was the fool,Who was the wiseman,Beggar,or King?"
    "Whether poor or rich,all are equel in death"

#26     Dec 31, 2008
  7. camelback

camelback

yeah, for me it's a supplement called running or even better, hiking (on certain mountains that allow fast hiking). when i am energetic enough (had an up month in the market), i do that and i'm on top of the freaking world, nothing compares to that rush. try it, you'll thank me later. while there are tons of vitamins/minerals on the market, the problem is that some might work but only short term, in my experience. as for food: a big bowl of good quality pasta (imported from italy) always makes me happy, dunno why.
    oh, and one more thing: the things that make your testosterone happy: putting long hours in the mkt game, running a marathon, etc. are not very good for your overall health, again, ime.

#27     Dec 31, 2008
  8. Mav88

Mav88

Meaning is where you find it because it is a purely human illusion in a meaningless universe. Some find it in religion, others in deed, or relationships, or in delusions of self greatness, it's all the same.

Happiness is a chemical state, get it while you can.

#28     Jan 2, 2009
  9. "As a man thinketh" by James Allen.

Our thoughts create our reality.

#29     Jan 2, 2009
  10. volente_00

volente_00

Mind is the Master power that moulds and makes
    And Man is Mind, and evermore he takes
    The tool of Thought, and shaping what he wills
    Brings forth a thousand joys, a thousand ills
    He thinks in secret, and it comes to pass
    Environment is but his looking glass.