Being a Perma bear sucks

Discussion in 'Trading' started by jr07, Sep 16, 2009.

1. erikgutz

erikgutz

actually my first nick...
    i read some topics in the forum trying to understand the short sell limitations in us.

Im a broker in brazil bovespa.

Our market is up 120% since march in dollars...

#31     Sep 16, 2009
  2. noddyboy

noddyboy

I had a great year, so I am going to give this piece of advice. Don't get bullish now. I have been all year, and I am still long with a small position. Take a month off trading. Close out everything and take a vacation. Come back with clear eyes. Emotions have no part in trading -- don't be sad, and if you are, that is a time-out/exit all positions. Do it automatically like clockwork. When you are up and happy, the same.

Stop trying to predict. But if I have to, my call is a choppy market, and if you don't have gains like I do to take profits on, you are going to go long now, and then reverse when the market is down 3%.

#32     Sep 16, 2009
  3. There are few short sell limitations, other than if you were short the market for the last 6 months you go broke.

As for the risk reward, no one knows what that is. They said at 800 the rally was over. They were wrong.

#33     Sep 17, 2009
  4. loza

loza Guest

tell me about it....I've recently moved a great chunk of my money(401K) out of stocks into fixed income(preferred+GNMA) waiting for a sell off....but at this time I rather preserve my money than risk too much.....I can always move back in at one punch of a button.
    I take 4 percent sure thing versus 8 percent maybe... dividends are sweet. Then again I did this in 08 and it SAVED ME a fortune....
    This year I am up 35%.....so F it, take the win and save it for next year.....

#34     Sep 17, 2009
  5. We are currently near the 61.9 retracement from the March low,which I am sure most are aware. It will have to stall out here for the move to end. Otherwise more upside.

#35     Sep 17, 2009
  6. Hang on Elliot Wave D5 cycle fib retracemnt 102.223 says we MIGHT go down from here......what to do?

#36     Sep 17, 2009
  7. as the Borgs say "Resistance is Futile"

#37     Sep 17, 2009
  8. Perma bears like shorting and gold.

The stockmarket crashed the hardest in a century in 08 and gold + goldstocks have skyrocketed outperforming pretty much every sector out there in 09 I wouldnt say being a perma bear sucks.

#38     Sep 17, 2009
  9. erikgutz

erikgutz

you can be a perma bear in a market rally and make money.

but is really really hard

The thing is... usually bears are smarter then bulls

#39     Sep 17, 2009
  10. FB123

FB123

That's because most bulls happen to be Joe Q. Public, who is pretty stupid in general. The smartest of all traders are those that are neither bulls nor bears - the people who just adapt to the market and always follow the path of least resistance.

#40     Sep 17, 2009