Being a bigot and disrespecting others is the way to go in trading...

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by retaildaytrader, Mar 21, 2010.

1. I don't know if I could agree with you regarding being a bigot and disrespecting others. I personally don't like to take things too seriously now. I have my own set of logic regarding how trading should be, and I don't want any more input other than execution costs. I wouldn't disrespect anyone because of difference in opinion (unless they are charlatans). I still go to other traders' blog to read, but most of the time, I just focus on reading about their lifestyles instead of their trading strategies. Anyway, I usually like to have fun and joke around. I believe it's the best way to enjoy this journey.

#11     Mar 21, 2010
  2. Lethn

Lethn

Not really, in fact I've found it to be unbelievably helpful in life since it allows me to ignore a lot of the bullshit out there :p

#12     Mar 21, 2010
  3. If you follow this path, then one day you will show disrespect to that person who will be willingly or unwillingly disclosing to you the secret to success, which currently you do not know.

Mixing respect and compromise is like adding apples and potatoes. If you do not respect other people, you will end up one day not respecting yourself. When a boy urinates in the Amazon, his urine evaporates, reaches the sky, becomes part of a cloud that comes your way, then becomes rain and eventually finds its way in the water you drink. Always remember that 90% of you was and will be one day part of someone else.

#13     Mar 21, 2010
  4. I see where some of you are going wrong already...

When you are on the internet during the trading day, you dont visit someone's blog to read about their lifestyle. Honestly, when you go to a bar do you bring the trading computer to trade? You do not bring the bar or any other aspect of your social life into the trading room and you do not bring the trading room into your social life. If you want to read about someone's lifestyle, then do that on your own time...not the time you should be focusing on the markets.

Some of you guys think this is a game. You are in that room at your home with no one looking over you, so you think its ok to get on some blog and read about someone else's lifestyle...no its not ok. You focus on the markets at your residence just like you were in a real workplace with a boss looking over your shoulders.

Look, fuck them, they will only cause you misery with their jaded views of the market. Even if you disagree with it, still, by reading it then its in your mind just like when you are eating and someone is talking about their surgery at the next table. No matter what you do, you cant get it out of your head.

Put up your hand, raise it to the screen and now leave up only the middle finger. Then turn that middle finger towards the television and especially when Jim Cramer comes on. Thats the respect some of these "experts" deserve. Its only through your work, your knowledge, your opinion that you will be a success...to all of the other gurus...fuck them.

I love being a bigot because then I can tune everyone out and focus on my own trades.

#14     Mar 21, 2010
  5. If I may be so bold as to sum up your treatise:

Zero sum game: Winners and Losers

Two types: Gracious and Ungracious

You: Un

#15     Mar 21, 2010
  6. Nexen

Nexen

Man look at this crap.

A new low ?

#16     Mar 21, 2010

7. Enjoy the rest of your life with your new found perspective!

PA

#17     Mar 21, 2010
  8. If one takes your blather at face value, one must in turn ask why the hell you are here?

#18     Mar 21, 2010
  9. zdreg

zdreg

thx for the lesson in quantum physics. the mere fact of observation changes the outcome, due to the instruments one would use in that observation.

maybe.

#19     Mar 21, 2010