beinf sued by Collection agency

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by riddler, May 1, 2010.

1. riddler

riddler

i have money in a business account, a sole proprietorship..if i move the money to a corporation(incorporate my business),is that exempt?

#21     May 2, 2010
  2. DHOHHI

DHOHHI

Do you contend you do not owe the money they claim?

Or do you owe it legally and are trying to settle for a lesser amount or avoid paying anything?

#22     May 2, 2010
  3. Mr Pain

Mr Pain

If you looked at any of the links I posted, they seem to be notorious for getting default judgments then hitting people’s bank accounts. Make them validate the debt by providing the signed contract. If they instead provide an affidavit signed by someone then go after that person as if they don’t have the signed contract, they have committed perjury. It is worth the $ it will cost to have a lawyer write and demand they validate the debt.

#23     May 2, 2010
  4. riddler

riddler

my money is in a business checking account thats only a business (sole proprietorship)..should i change it to an LLC Corporate account,will that protect the money?

#24     May 3, 2010
  5. u21c3f6

u21c3f6

+1

Joe.

#25     May 3, 2010
  6. Sole proprietorship is a pass through organization doesn't offer any protection.
    Single member LLC might not offer any benefit either, even if you will incorporate might not help.
    Are you going to be 100% in control? Did you open copr to avoid paying personal obligations? It will all be in the hands of the judge and he will make a decesion based on the presented evidense.

You mentioned that you are a sole proprietor so why incorporate now? can you answer this question to judge. How corp was funded?

Just open new account at another bank. If you are affraid to show any transaction than take cash from current account and deposit to a new account.

They can only levy your account if they know your bank and account number. If you ever used that account to pay your CC bill they know the bank and account number than they can ask if you have any other accounts with this bank.
    They cannot go from bank to bank asking to disclose private information. This is a private metter. This is not IRS.

#26     May 3, 2010
  7. riddler

riddler

i have a checking account that i paid my cc bills with at the same bank i have the business account with. different account though.

#27     May 3, 2010
  8. it's one thing if the debt was all a mistake, but it sounds like it wasn't a mistake. this just sounds like another douchebag deadbeat trying to stiff someone, and he's actually get help from others.

here's advice for you: PAY UP EVERYTHING YOU OWE THEM

i hope they come at you with everything including the kitchen sink. you deserve all the misery that's headed your way

#28     May 3, 2010
  9. riddler

riddler

blackjack
    why don't you pay the debt for me..i would appreciate it.

#29     May 4, 2010