Behavioral Biases.

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by mikeriley, Nov 8, 2023.

1. mikeriley

mikeriley

Prays to all the Gods that be to return at least $1 for
    all the times I hit the Red & Green boxes. (I'd be rich):rolleyes:

Screenshot_9.png

2. zdreg

zdreg

It seems that cognitive biases are as dangerous as emotional biases.

murray t turtle likes this.
  3. Jzwu2017

Jzwu2017

With all the human cognitive and emotional biases it’s amazing any trader can be consistently profitable.

BluuFx likes this.
  4. schizo

schizo

We're also rational creatures.

Jzwu2017 likes this.
  5. Jzwu2017

Jzwu2017

You’re absolutely right! I feel my left brain is rational and logical, but my right brains just kills everything from my left brain with its emotions and impulses.

It’s a battle within myself. Very hard to control the right brain. However, if the right brain is completely turned off we cannot function either.

6. Yin and Yang.
    You need both sides to succeed long-term.

7. %%
    NICE colors, sort of a chart LOL:D:D
    I find most of those red boxes useless, so i use them less. Loss A can help but loss b, cd, e ,f=useful someTimes .
    I also use blue , green +, yellow / orange colors a lot;
    Bill +Melinda gates uses green a + orange a lot i see ,in thier foundation.
    Good thing WE never though we had to do a foundation to give a lot ,[>$1.00+ >.77+some times less than 00.77 ,some do.

8. josy5

josy5

In my view, achieving a balance between cognitive and emotional behavior is crucial in trading. An excess of either can prove harmful to a trader. Striking the right equilibrium ensures sound decision-making and emotional resilience, key factors for success in the dynamic world of trading.

Jzwu2017 and murray t turtle like this.
  9. %%
    SOME are, I checked 7 examples in a business context; especially the tendency to overestimate ones abilities + the bandwagon effect-error......
    BUT some of TA is based on a bandwagon of sorts; good volume LOL;
    but plenty of trends do well on average volume, so I will watch out for bandwagon danger. :D:D
    And another example is simply psychobabel, but with a grain of truth; they called it a'' gambler's fallacy, ''that past performance could impact the future'' LOL [Thier example beating S+P500] Big problem there/ is S&P500 is not a gamble , part of the future is unknown , but SPY is not a gamble. And they used wrong logic, thier conclusion was so few managers beat SPY benchmark its a gamble LOL no its not. But sure is convenient if blames ones errors on LUCK=LOL
    OF course if one does it like a gambler throwing darts @spy prices, that could be worse than a gamble,[due to slippage bid\ ask] + not all gamblers are that stupid LOL:D:D.
    IF someone gave me a profit for it, I could dwell on ''red regret box'' ;
    but until then, no problem there :caution::caution:

10. zdreg

zdreg

link for your post?

here is a similar one.
    [​IMG]

#10     Nov 21, 2023