Beginner with lots of time on her hands

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by txlegalpro, Nov 20, 2008.

1. Surdo

Surdo

Did they teach you how to trade 1000 CAR lots and not exceed $1,000 in commission per month, they must be good!

#21     Nov 21, 2008
  2. #22     Nov 21, 2008
  3. #23     Nov 21, 2008
  4. lindq

lindq

#24     Nov 21, 2008
  5. Define 'smart'.

#25     Nov 21, 2008
  6. LOL Good question. I guess by "smart" I meant I have always been a quick learner when I wanted to do something and have performed well in other endeavors. I am also very focused when I take on new challenges and very detail oriented, but sometimes lose sight of the big picture, which I am sure will have its advantages and disadvantages.

I appreciate the psychology book you recommended. I am finding it very enlightening. I think one of my biggest challenges in this endeavor will be to give myself enough breaks from it and not let it rule me all my waking hours. I have done nothing but study for the last two days, so I plan to tear myself away from the computer this evening to meet some friends for dinner.

Thanks to all who have given advice. I am reading all of your posts, and I apologize for not thanking you all individually.

#26     Nov 21, 2008
  7. Are u hot looking? Any pics :cool:

#27     Nov 21, 2008
  8. nkhoi

nkhoi

#28     Nov 21, 2008
  9. karol88

karol88

I don't want to discourage you, but even if you're the smartest gal, be prepared to lose money before you start making some....and by losing money I mean: you will blow out your account at least once within the next 2-3 years.
    Read some testimonies from consistently profitable traders, that have been around at least 5-10 years....and see how they started.
    I thought I was pretty smart (had success in business etc before I started trading), had the time (self-employed), the money, studied the market, did research like crazy...and yet I blew out twice before I started making some money...oh, and it took me a couple years too!
    Just be aware of this, it's easier to get over the losses knowing that most successful traders started out like that.
    GOOD LUCK :)

#29     Nov 21, 2008
  10. That is definitely the plan. I want to have a lot of knowledge before I start the demos. I do not want to risk getting lucky without knowing what I am doing, and being tempted to open a cash account too soon. I signed up for the demos, but have not registered or downloaded them yet.

#30     Nov 21, 2008