Beginner who needs direction

Discussion in 'Trading' started by ProveUwrong, Jan 11, 2002.

1. that's a great advice, proveuwrong. spending many hours programming doesn't sound that glamorous but if you someday actually make a living from trading you will thank bucephalus.
    why? besides the skills you need to develop to become a good programmer, there is the financial advantage that you won't have to spend thousands buying trading software like crapstation or hiring other programmers to implement your ideas. if trading for your own account doesn't work out, c++ programmers specialized in trading apps (and with a quantitative degree) are in big demand right now, particularly in buy side firms. boring? who cares. as soros said, making money is boring.

#31     Jan 17, 2002
  2. Mr . Ed ,[1]Sounds you have got a good learners attitude,read, reread including but not limited to Jack Schwagers books[Market Wizzards],Dr.Van Tharps books,borrow or buy..........Hope your Dad agrees with that,my banker dad was helpful,but left us at about 13................................[2] Be careful with your working capital---barchart.com and bigcharts .com are free,click on about every thing, 20 period moving average,stock symbols-beas,LUV are good starters.........................[3]Solomon Cohen ,top trader,liked to exercise his mind, and they called his book chapter''the mind of Solomon''Book titled Bulls ,Bears,millionaires................:) :cool:

#32     Jan 17, 2002
  3. Hey, I just wanted to thank all of the people who gave their input for this topic a few months ago. I'd say that I am on track to day trading. Started taking a VB course at school, just finished loops, funtions, and Subs, and I got an intership at a brokerage firm in a near by town. Hey its not trading, but it's the atmosphere. I've loaded up on books, this summer I want to master the basics. Thanks once again.

-Ed

#33     Apr 24, 2002