Beginner to expert...Short term vs. overnight?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Domski, Mar 10, 2008.

1. Domski

Domski

I will be starting trading with Swift trade in Ottawa in the short term. After much research prior to the interview, and questions during the interview, i was told that swift trade does not allow traders to keep open positions overnight.

My mid term goal would be to be able to keep long/short positions overnight for 1 to many days as, in my opinion, it demonstrates much more market smarts than trading on a minute per minute basis.

Is this a good way to start (i.e @ swift trade trading very very short term) before moving on to longer term trades?

How much weight do employers put on the name "Swift trade" on a resume?

Thanks in advance.

2. Join a firm that allows you to keep overnight positions. I.e. one that doesn't make their trader do short term technicals trading.

Scale is important as well, the size of your books matter.

3. GGSAE

GGSAE

Really? I was told by a close source that the Ottawa branch was all but closed down...just one of the managers left, maybe he's training a lot of traders.
    Swift doesn't allow overnights for countless reasons, but yeah if you're looking at swing trading style of trading you might be better off with someone else.