Beginner Question

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by Chicago20, Sep 12, 2008.

1. Chicago20

Chicago20

I am a college student, and have just spend the past summer trading my account for the first time, gaining 120% over a 3 month period. The system I used simply traded YG futures in one day time span, and applied very mechanical and simple rules. I really want to keep running my system due to the success ive had but the problem is that when I traded it manually alot of times I was forced to take trades in the early morning during the Euro and Asian trading hours and usually holding a position through most of the day. Since im back in school now I don't have anywhere near the time to do this, which lead me to explore automated trading. I am clueless as to how to get this done though, my current broker TOS to the best of my knowledge does not offer a automated feature, I don't know any other traders or anyone whose even in finance so my resources on this are kind of slim. I just wanted to ask you guys to offer me some advise on what the best way to go about doing this is... Im very limited in the amount of money I can spend on software and I trade a very small account ($5,000).