Beginner needs information

Discussion in 'Risk Management' started by kellyk, Oct 17, 2008.

1. God I love newbies. I suppose you want some easy money to go along with those easy to use indicators? If you are not ready to put in thousands of hours to learn how to trade, don't bother.

Forexfactory.com might help. Babypips.com like somebody else suggested has an excellent overview. Forexbastards.com might be able to provide helpful reviews for various services or brokers.

Its scary seeing myself three years ago.

#11     Oct 27, 2008
  2. DrEvil

DrEvil

Although a cliche, in the end, whether or not you will make it comes down to your ability to cut loses short and let your winners run. Doing this religiously is psychologically difficult as it goes against your normal intuition. Good luck.

#12     Oct 29, 2008
  3. ?.......kellyk, amamil, mam and KingZardoz must each have the same I.P. address......:(

#13     Oct 29, 2008
  4. karinpero

karinpero

hey nazzdack, you´re so exciting about the ip address from them hahaha I don’t even know how to know that. Anyway, I like babypips too, but I surprised when I read forexbastard but it´s forex army, so I dont have to say anything about them. Also, I just want to say that tradeview help me so much with my demo.

#14     Oct 29, 2008
  5. fxtrade

fxtrade

.:)

#15     Oct 29, 2008
  6. Estoque

Estoque

Some of the earlier comments mentioned a lack of regulation in Forex, Could you be more specific? Does this effect the behavior of the brokers? How does the regulation of shares or futures help you?

Thanks

Estoque

#16     Nov 6, 2008
  7. =================
    Well the well regulated markets[futures, options, stocks];
    arent necessarly easy.But at least stocks[regulated market] can be traded-learned by beginners with no leverage.

Does the regulator [policeman] in a school zone [learning-zone], affect the speed/behavior of drivers????? Sure it does.

Ever wondered why FX ads [fine print] limit losses to your account/amount,
    actually thats a positive selling point, when the dust clears, you losses are limited to ''all' your original amount.No deficiency balances ......

:D

Ever wondered why you see many- many stock funds,
    many derivative funds
    some option funds,
    few FX funds??????????

Jack Schwager top trading books may help;
    think there was one FX-bank based trader in that whole group....:cool:

#17     Nov 11, 2008
  8. Estoque

Estoque

Thanks for the great reply Murray! Much Appreciated!

Estoque

#18     Nov 12, 2008

9. Dear Newbie,

BUY AT SUPPORT. SELL AT RESISTANCE.

Don't do anything else. Put a protective stop behind the level you're defending.
    Seek 4:1 reward-to-risk ratio.

Don't follow technical indicators. Tech. indicators are bullcrap. Always have been.

Ask an old floor guy about Fibosnatchi or Bollinger bands.

Keep it SIMPLE.

#19     Nov 23, 2008