Beginner needs information

Discussion in 'Risk Management' started by kellyk, Oct 17, 2008.

1. kellyk

kellyk

Hello everyone I am new here and I am looking for information on how to begin in Forex, so I would appreciate that someone give me a hand and show me the way.

2. Tums

Tums

3. amamil

amamil

I was expecting information here in this thread, but the link also provided me with useful information on the Forex scam artist, I didn’t expect that here but I guess those kind of people are everywhere. So how can people like she and I get started?:confused:

4. I remember using a practice trading account at http://fxtrade.oanda.com/forex_trading/fxgame/ a few years ago.

You might practice trade and learn about how to choose the appropriate position size. It is a little different from trading stocks. Currency exchange rates can trend and trading methods are similar to methods used for trading securities.

5. ?.......kellyk and amamil must have the same IP address! :cool:

6. pkts

pkts

I don't trade forex... it is largely unregulated. It's hard enough to trade and make money in any instrument without having to worry if your broker is going to screw you. It's like a bucket shop. If you can, trade currency futures instead. If that's too expensive then just trade equities.

Good luck.

7. amamil

amamil

Hello I don’t know who you are and what is an ip address!

On another note can someone help me with information on what indicators work wel in pairs, thank you.

:confused:

8. I just wanted to repeat similar comment being that i only trade futures contracts for currency for the regulatory protection too. The currencies are the biggest commodities and when they trend they trend well. Excellent opportunities in the last few weeks shorting the pound, eurocurrency and going long on the dollar. good luck to you

9. kellyk

kellyk

Ok well I am just a beginner and I like trading on my demo in forex, now I am looking for some easy to understand and use indicators that work in pairs or alone it doesn’t matter.

10. mam

mam

The best information about beginning is babypips, but if you have not gotten your demo or practice account well I recommend Tradeview Forex, if you have one then make sure you know which it is because not all platforms work in the same way and the information given could be wrong, I hope this helps some.

#10     Oct 27, 2008