Beginner Futures Trader (HELP)

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by fundmanager00, Jun 4, 2004.

#11     Jun 4, 2004
  2. Here is simple price action.

In an uptrend, price makes higher highs and higher lows.
    In a downtrend, price makes lower highs and lower lows.
    When price fails to take out a low in a downtrend, it's time for either a reversal to the upside or a consolidation.
    When price fails to take out a high in an uptrend, it's time for either a reversal to the downside or consolidation.

Read information on candle patterns. Use them for confirmation.

Good luck.

#12     Jun 4, 2004
  3. what is the title of this book ? immune system trading ?

-See HTMMIS by WJO Chapter 20.-

- Log the 18 items frequently to measure your progress. Emotions are paired with sensory activity. (The survival fight or flee). Balanced emotions are required. You must log your behavior while sensing. Unbalanced emotion will appear unwanted. These are inflamed. Correct them to be balanced. The ones you want, you must summon. They are balanced if they appear when summoned. If they do not arrive, they are screwed up. Correct them.-

-To succeeed in trading you need to avoid repeated failure. If you do not you will find that your immune system will shut down sensory inputs to protect you in several ways. You will find learning is difficult because of this "protection you are getting from peptide deposits a field from your brain. Later you will be protected from yourself my an inability to do memory in and then out. Agin it is a chemical shut down process from your immune system to protect you. There are many examples of this progression in ET.-

#13     Jun 4, 2004
  4. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

It's what you get when you smack Yoda up side the head with a crowbar.

#14     Jun 4, 2004
  5. Try www.tactrade.com
    Very good methodolgy for emini futures. Excellent web site for training and live training as well.

Bob

#15     Jun 5, 2004
  6. Perhaps I have been at this too long. I thought everyone knew that HTMMIS by WJO is How to Make Money in Stocks by William J O'Neill (the Canslim book).

Another way to learn futures trading that will excite just as much negativity as Grob is to look up WoodiesCCIclub on the web. Its free, although hotcomm will cost you money (the chat tool) after your free trial runs out, and it works.

There is a lot of discussion about esignal but the lowest cost way to get across futures trading is probably to use IB for trading and data and to use SierraChart to create your charts.

And its not full of negative egotistical psyches like ET. There is some good stuff here but its hard to pick out of the dross.

#16     Jun 5, 2004
  7. Woodies CCI is fine, as is SC when it comes to charting. And indeed, the atmosphere in the club is much more positive than here. As electron (charged negatively), I am much more attracted to positivity...:D

#17     Jun 6, 2004