Before you spend $1 on a system read this.

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Samson77, Jan 3, 2004.

1. I have been in sales my entire life. Never once have I given a prospect a referenece without knowing exactly what the reference will say. I even tell the prospect this to eliminate this step - telling them I will not give a bad reference so why waste the time. Works 50% of the time.

Point being - why go to the effort? They will not give you someone who will talk bad about them, and it will probably be their brother/wife/themselves disguising their voice and acting like a satisfied customer anyway!!!

#51     Jan 5, 2004
  2. traderob

traderob

Hombre,
    For example spmentor. he offered to give me a list of 20 or so old clients who I could phone.
    I never did as I didn't take the course.

#52     Jan 5, 2004
  3. traderob

traderob

BTW I just spoke with a vendor and got the nerve to ask how much he makes (in general terms) and he flatly refused to tell me, he said he was a good teacher and it was irrelevant whether he made money trading. I might have accepted that 6 months ago but not now. (thanks samson, sorry Tolive)

Another one (who I almost bought his unrefundable course a few months back) for $3995 and who indicated to me he was very profitable. Told me he just trades a few hours a day -made it sound easy.
    I just found today on the CTFC website and he has an action against him for making false claims. His trading account was unprofitable for the whole time (years) that he was telling otherwise!! I won't say who it was but he has got an award frm stocks and commodities magazine for his course. Check out the CTFC site.

#53     Jan 5, 2004
  4. copa8

copa8

does the person have the initials E. M. and his website's initial is ROTM?

#54     Jan 5, 2004
  5. Funny you should say that - I recently asked a popular daytrading system vendor for a reference and he gave me (what I assume) was his best hand picked reference. It was a bad reference - go figure. - rcm

#55     Jan 5, 2004
  6. Think about it this, seriously.........

If I were making good money from any system or method I would be happy to share with anyone just as I am doing now.

I am making money trading off of Price Action, Chart Patterns and Support and Resistance.

I learned how to do it from several books Like Linda Bradfords and a few others like Common Sense Commodities also some good info in NQooo's yahoo group.

Oh and not to mention 2 years of learning how to understand how to read the charts properly, we can't forget that part.

There you have it and I will share my exact methods with anyone who really wants to know.

As far as Statements goes I would gladly show those to you, why not I have nothing to hide and I'm proud of my results (I would ink out the account number of course)

So if I would do all these things and I'm not asking you for a dime why should you trust anyone who wouldn't and is asking you for $$$.

It makes no sense .....

I will say it once more unless they met all 3 conditions do NOT believe a word they tell you or you will be very sorry.

#56     Jan 5, 2004
  7. In that case will you sell me your system? :)

Michael B.

#57     Jan 5, 2004
  8. LOL. I stand corrected.

Just because I would make sure I know what my reference was going to say, doesn't mean everyone would - I guess. That is just sad.

#58     Jan 5, 2004
    #59     Jan 5, 2004
  10. Ok, Jack I got a beef with you! You are an eloquent writer DAMN IT....why don't you write like this when talking about trading!!!!!!

Perhaps you had your secretary transcribe this and its not your fault...in that case forget this post...if not I want an explanation.

Michael B.

#60     Jan 5, 2004