Before The Bell Calls w/ TraderBrad.com

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by traderbrad, Apr 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. :D :D :D

sorry i missed you in the city this evening. happy to hear it was fun !

surf

#21     Apr 16, 2004

2. :D

yeah, i wonder that myself !

surfer :p

#22     Apr 16, 2004
  3. This is probably the busiest thread I've ever subscribed to. TraderBrad didn't need to pay to advertise on ET, he's getting alot of free publicity from his thread.

As far as refunds go, his website states there are NO guarantees and NO refunds. This is, of course, because everyone is different, and he can't guarantee you'll be a good trader, even after shelling out $20k for a week "near Toronto." He also requires that you provide "character references" before he will accept you into his course!

One more thing: he refused to give me a free trial, because he said I have an "anonymous" email address. I've had the same email address for five years, and provided him with my full name as he requested. What good is offering a free trial, if you refuse someone because they use MSN? If my email address said "@thewhitehouse.gov", would that be enough?

Will be interesting to see what he posts here next week.

#23     Apr 16, 2004
  4. When I questioned TraderBrad about why I was not given a free trial, he advised me to look at his site again, that MSN is an anonymous email address. But he will be posting the calls here anyway, so no need for the trial.

Which led me to do some closer inspection of his site, and here's what I've concluded. The "free-trial" only gets you his "Before the Bell" calls, not access to the actual "Live Trading Room" that he talks about. That's where the action is, where he calls the trades as they happen. The only way to access that, it seems, is by paying for his training course, which starts at $5k. He gives you a free month in the Live Room as part of that package though, so it really is a good deal! (LOL)

As I pointed out to Brad, with a "No Refund" policy, and no opportunity to view him in action, he's asking alot for someone to shell out a minimum of five grand. I've learned the hard way that in this industry, anyone can make promises. At least other vendors (Kwikpop, Millenium-Trader.com, etc.) let you evaluate for a week or two, before you fork over the dough.

But I'm sure there are enough desperate people out there who have paid, and will continue to pay, their hard-earned money to guys like TraderBrad, that will keep him in business. Wonder if his way of doing things has anything to do with why he's in Canada?

#24     Apr 17, 2004
  5. Wonder if his way of doing things has anything to do with why he's in Canada?

at least he is not in romania

:)

#25     Apr 17, 2004
  6. Not at all a lot. Some people would pay anything to get the most expensive course in town... See some other thread on this topic.

#26     Apr 17, 2004
  7. ...the Romanian government probably doesn't allow wire transfers from the US, and their exchange rate is not as favorable!

#27     Apr 17, 2004
  8. funky

funky

you know...

...a great idea for a business would be showing how to setup an operation like this. i bet this guy makes SHITLOADS of money in the next year off of this! all of you are laughing at this dude, but he will probably make more money than 99.99% of all ETers. maybe we have it all wrong....i think the big $$$ = selling hope! hey, this shit works!! congrats on the setup Brad, i hope you make a ton of money :)

-funky

p.s. love the family pic...nice touch!
    p.p.s. good idea not letting people see the daily calls -- too many questions that way! there will always be suckers!!!
    p.p.p.s what the fuck am i doing trading?

#28     Apr 17, 2004
  9. Hey Guys:
    Actually if you search ET for posts related to "scams", you will see that it is quite profitable to rip people off. It takes the government and any regulatory agency involved a long time to get the wheels rolling, and if you are profitable you can hire a lawyer who can see to it that you continue to operate until the judicial process is completed. Based on what I have learned it is apparent that the fines for screwing people out of their money are just a "slap on the wrist" compared with what you can earn with a good con game. One small problem is that you have to have no conscience, and little in the way of moral values (in my opinion). Human nature being what it is, there will always be a small group of folks who just don't give a damn and are willing to do just about anything for money. Think I am wrong? Just check out the reality TV shows (bachelor et al). See ya, Steve46

#29     Apr 17, 2004
  10. traderob

traderob

I think one of the scam artists got exposed on ET for doing just that. Not only was he making money selling courses to traders he had another side business selling a course on how to make money selling courses on the internet!

#30     Apr 17, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.