Beers and Smoke before or while trading

Discussion in 'Trading' started by TKOtrader, Nov 12, 2002.

1. Rigel

Rigel

It's at his cousin Eddie's house. The guys a little wierd. He had some bad experiences in the gulf war and hasn't been quite the same since. But don't worry, he's cool.

#11     Nov 12, 2002
  2. Nordic

Nordic

It's at his cousin Eddie's house. The guys a little wierd. He had some bad experiences in the gulf war and hasn't been quite the same since. But don't worry, he's cool.

He must be the CEO:D

#12     Nov 12, 2002
  3. Te'

Te' Guest

5-8 I am Minnesota Fats

8-12 I am Eddie Felson falling apart...

#13     Nov 12, 2002
  4. i don't know about drinking and trading, but i know i like drinking.

#14     Nov 12, 2002
  5. Nothing wrong with a beer or 2 at lunch.

Just don't drink so many that you get beer goggles. Just like when you could end up with a fat chick when you're too buzzed, that you end up kicking yourself for later. You could end up making bad trading decisions that you'll regret tomorrow.

#15     Nov 12, 2002
  6. I like to do a little smack just before the bell. Then on big days, just a bit of blotter A after the close.

But that's just me...

#16     Nov 12, 2002
  7. TSaimoto

TSaimoto Guest

Smoking cigarettes are fine.

I'm too scared to be drunk or blazed while trading...

I envy all of your ability to trade...

#17     Nov 12, 2002
  8. Te'

Te' Guest

Ahhhh Chocalate Blunts and Saphire Martinis :D

When I am in a losing play I just go Lundy on em, avg down, and pop another zanie for each lot I put out!

#18     Nov 12, 2002
  9. Trajan

Trajan

I had a boss who engaged in both on a daily basis. His mind was pretty well fried. I don't remember exactly if he smoke pot during the day but definitely did after the market closed(never saw him outside of work when he didn't light up). He would show up once a week on the floor sloppy drunk. It was an embarassment and a nightmare to trade for the guy. You never knew who was going to show up.

Of course lots of people drink and take drugs on the floor, but I never did. The were some guys on the Pcoast who would get drinks at 6:00 AM from the Sutter Gutter(that's a bar open at that time in the morning). Occasionaly, I would have a beer on Friday before the market closes but only after my last trade.

I have thought about going some place warm and where local evening/night time(I think better from 10:00 pm to 2:00 am) is US market hours for a month this winter. Singapore or Western Australia is the only places which seem civilized(i.e. first world culture and infrastructure). Then I thought, it would be too damn tempting to go to a pub for the afternoon and evenng then go back to my local residence to trade and continue drinking. I'll have to work on it.

#19     Nov 12, 2002
  10. [​IMG]

#20     Nov 12, 2002