Beer & Options Journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by beerntrading, May 9, 2017.

1. And UNP 108-109 for .30 credit...filled out the positions this week...but not with any ease.

#101     Jun 12, 2017
  2. Might look at that for the FOMC on Wednesday, but I really don't understand the VIX futures well enough to be trading that...

#102     Jun 12, 2017
  3. Holy shit, I'm actually up on the day. These claw marks will never come out of the desk, but I held onto AAPL even as it blew past my stop (never hit my hard-stop that is based on the option price, just the underlying's stop--but volatility increase made it an almost zero-sums game between $143.50 and $144.80), but I just couldn't pass up that signal. Got this bucking bronco tamed (I think) and it's smooth sailing.

Other than the FAANG dragging (compare XLK the Tech Spdr and RYT equal weight Tech), we had a pretty bullish day. FAANG held support strongly across the board (with the exception of AAPL, they all tested 5/18 lows today before heading higher). Long-legged dojis across the board signaling inflection. I'm ready to bolt at the slighted scent of bear shit, but I'll sleep easy tonight.

#103     Jun 12, 2017
  4. vanzandt

vanzandt

There's 50%, they hit .64 a minute ago. I won't pat myself on the back here though....as my call on TSLA was dead assed wrong. I just "knew" it was taking out $356 this week.

#104     Jun 13, 2017
  5. Nice call....I'm not doing so well on AAPL at the moment. Not looking so bullish on tech today.

Edit: er...I guess it's just AAPL. The rest of the FAANG are looking good.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2017
    #105     Jun 13, 2017
  6. Ugh...so frustrating. Have a close order for the UNP spread at .08, and the net ask has ticked down to .08 and held for minutes without getting a fill!!!! (Fortunately, I was able to cancel the order when I sent it as market and the spread shot up to .10...)

#106     Jun 13, 2017
  7. Ugh...exact same thing again, filled at .11 after the net ask sat at .08 for at least 20 seconds after I sent in a market order...awaiting a call back from the broker now.

#107     Jun 13, 2017
  8. Well, lesson learned. Different prices on different exchanges... .11 was the close on UNP but still for a generous 22% return.

#108     Jun 13, 2017
  9. Out of MO at .10 for 26% gain
    ...and AAPL for .33 for flat. *sigh* not happy about that one...showed such potential.

#109     Jun 14, 2017
  10. Out of IBM for .95 credit for a 9% gain.
    Out of BA at .15 for a 39% gain (...that doesn't seem right...double checking my spreadsheet)

So, out for this week for a 12% profit assuming no recovery on SPX...I'll let that one ride through the FOMC since it doesn't have much left in value to give up and a massive potential upside if we get a nasty surprise from Yellen.

#110     Jun 14, 2017