Been to JAIL yet ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Humpy, Sep 16, 2010.

1. bat1

bat1

WOW! a smart guy on Elite Trader...:)

legalize and tax the hell out of it..say good bye to
    the Drug lords.........

#11     Sep 16, 2010
  2. BSAM

BSAM

It's your "good" federal government who is mostly responsible for prison not being prison here in the good ol' USA.

The criminal justice system in America is nothing less than an industry.

The penal systems in the USA are a joke.

Our little heathens here in this country wouldn't dare commit their crimes in other countries.

Juvenile crime is out of control in this country.

There are solutions to the violence and other crimes that are perpetrated on the good folks here in this country. Don't ever let our chickenshit "leaders" tell you otherwise.

#12     Sep 16, 2010
  3. Eight

Eight

har, har, think about it, it was stupid stubborn old people that made drugs illegal in the first place...

I've been in two County Jails and a City Jail... one day I just sat up and said "I don't belong in this shit"... I wasn't meeting anybody I could relate to at all.... so I made damned sure I never went back. After that when I had troubles with a drug dealing neighbor, screw it, I had a friend that did undercover stuff, I got him involved and the incredible jerk of a neighbor got rolled up for selling heroin... I always have one ear to the ground to find out who the criminals are so I can offer info to cop-contacts, and I don't do any crime at all, if you are going to have friends in low places, better that they are on the Police Force than the criminals...

#13     Sep 16, 2010
  4. Humpy

Humpy

I reckon our politicians here in the UK are even more stoooooooooopid than your doddery ole Congressmen.

The new game for prisoners is to get the guards to insult or better still assault them and then they can claim compensation off the the taxpayers. Millions were paid out last year alone. If they graze their knees out in the excercise yard they can sue for compensation.

Hang the 1st degree murderers and flog the rest till they are sorry. No room for BAD guys in my system. They are either reformed or dead !!

#14     Sep 17, 2010
  5. Public hangings should be mandatory on the premise of "show me don't tell me".

When we hear of someone sentenced to death, then it takes 25 years of feeding them and hiring lawyers, and some of them walking, it's not sending a good message.

Hang them in public, invite the public and put it on the internet.

#15     Sep 17, 2010
  6. Arnie

Arnie

http://www2.timesdispatch.com/news/2010/sep/13/drug13-ar-502205/

Richmond, Va. --
    Richmond's top prosecutor plans to expand his practice of giving second chances to certain drug dealers, allowing suspects with no violent history or felony convictions to avoid conviction.

Commonwealth's Attorney Michael N. Herring said the new approach will take effect this winter citywide. A similar program already is in place, but it involves only a handful of alleged drug dealers in one area of the city.

Critics question why Herring would give drug dealers a break, given the scourge they can be on the city's neighborhoods, and some wonder whether he has the authority to do as he plans.

Herring agrees that dealers are bringing poison to neighborhoods, but he is convinced that some nonviolent dealers are worth trying to save.

#16     Sep 17, 2010
  7. da-net

da-net

To answer the title of this thread, yes I was arrested at the age of 16 for speeding (100 in 70 zone) on an interstate highway, while passing someone that was intentionally holding traffic up when he could. I was fined and given 3 days in jail. Another driver that did the same thing, older than I at the time...fine only!

I have a lot of respect for those of you posting in this thread, but you really do not have a clue about how corrupt our justice system has become. I would suggest that some of you spend some time at your local county courts as an observer...I have!...you would be shocked at the corruption by government employees, prosecutors, judges, etc.

I personally have observed many miscarriages of justice ALL for the sake of the almighty $$. Allow me to give examples from Dekalb County GA.

1...In the City of Stone Mountain, the court is primarily handling traffic offenses and code enforcement. The City of Stone Mountain budget gets a substantial portion of its revenue from the court. The judge that sits on the bench mixes a little coffee with his rum in a cup, which he carries to the bench as a sitting judge in the court.

2...one case there involved a gent that got off work at 2 AM, driving home he stopped @ a convenience store, bought a beer & was drinking it while driving. Stone Mountain cop observed, pulled him over, arrested him, had his car impounded. Because of the day (Sat AM) he could not bail out, had to wait until Monday. Then wait until Tuesday because of judge not in town. He was fined $800 plus 90 days probation (1st offense), lost his job from not showing to work, lost his car because of no money after court fine, etc. Cop confirmed in court man was not intoxicated.

Dekalb County Recorders Court...

3...there is a caucasian male judge that is meaner than anything and was on something (his eyes were glassy and pupils smaller than 1/8 inch) while sitting as judge

4...Judge Beatty (woman)...had an older lady about 75 in her court for "code violation"...there was a car parked on her grass in front of her house...the car was not hers, but code enforcement cop gave her the ticket. Old lady at court had her best dress (tattered & worn), on and explained to judge it was not her car & she did not know whose car it was...Judge Beatty found her guilty fined $750 plus 90 days probation.

5...Code enforcement Officer ... punched a pregnant woman in the belly area while issuing citation for cars on grass. The woman & husband had video evidence, but judge refused to look at the video. The woman and husband found guilty, fined, probation...BUT judge would not even consider saying anything negative to officer about conduct

State Superior Court

6... Judge Mobley ( pronounced mob -lee), routinely changes peoples names on court papers when the prosecutor files under the wrong name. Judge Mobley denies civil rights of individuals and is so biased that all the prosecutors know they will win their case. Judge Mobley routinely fines mid level fines, but adds probation of 3 months or more. Try to be an observer in her court and the Sheriff deputies state no admittance because of limited space. btw...You would think that civil rights would be important to Judge Mobley since she is a black woman, goes to prove that civil rights violations can be done by anyone.

Why do all these judges add probation? Because it is a money maker for the government. There is a monthly monitoring fee of $39, so that someone can check off that the offender reported (takes less than 5 minutes).

7...Think the corruption in judicial system ends there? NO it does not...The department that collects fines, and monitoring fees for the state court system "Skims money off the top", by giving receipts that appear to show the amount paid, but through a series of paper transactions they "Skim" at least $20 off each that is not really recorded.

Federal Tax Court

8... Judge Carluzzo is known for being a prick and being biased. I was an observer in his court, listening intently to his open remarks and then seeing one of his judgments...it was obvious that Judge Carluzzo lied in his own courtroom and should have recused himself, but did not.

Now..is this Justice? I do not think so and I personally have seen enough and want to change things by counter campaigning against elected officials.

IF we are lucky enough to get Olens as the new state AG and he follows thru on pre election promises of prosecuting elected officials I will assist him with the information I have gathered. These people named above are the problem they are not part of the solution.

#17     Sep 17, 2010
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

When I got arrested for DUI back in the mid 90's I was in court for several sessions. What struck me was that ALL of the DUI's, a misdemeanor, were automatically given the max sentence allowed by law. The felons, all of whom I saw plead guilty, got zero jail time and no fine. The ones I remember were a B & E, assault with a deadly and theft.

A few years earlier after I got divorced I was told, because of my ex wife's behavior, by law I could have gotten full custody of both our kids. Only problem was I had the one circuit court judge out of four who NEVER took custody away from a woman no matter how dire the situation for the children.

I did end up with custody years later only after that judge retired.

#18     Sep 17, 2010
  9. LUCRUM:When I got arrested for DUI back in the mid 90's I was in court for several sessions. What struck me was that ALL of the DUI's, a misdemeanor, were automatically given the max sentence allowed by law. The felons, all of whom I saw plead guilty, got zero jail time and no fine. The ones I remember were a B & E, assault with a deadly and theft.

A few years earlier after I got divorced I was told, because of my ex wife's behavior, by law I could have gotten full custody of both our kids. Only problem was I had the one circuit court judge out of four who NEVER took custody away from a woman no matter how dire the situation for the children.

I did end up with custody years later only after that judge retired.
    ----------------------------------------
    REFERENCE:D

#19     Sep 17, 2010
  10. Humpy

Humpy

Doesn't sound fair to me if what you say is true.

From the outside it seems very odd and open to corruption to have elected officials, such as sherrifs. If Mr average gets elected he is hardly likely to know the job well enough to do it fairly, is he ?

My knowledge of what goes on in the US system is very limited but in the movies the town's rich guy owns the mayor and the sherrif. Tell me this isn't necessarily so. One has to have some faith in justice or is it really for sale ?

#20     Sep 17, 2010