Beef Recall

Discussion in 'Economics' started by DataCruncher, Feb 18, 2008.

1. if you provide some useful sites, I'll take a look. I dont eat much red meat, mostly fish these days. I agree that cutting back on red meat is prudent, I just dont think giving it up alltogether will necessarily improve health. Lots of factors involved, genetics, exercise, moderate consumption vrs over consumption etc.

#31     Feb 18, 2008
  2. "very few people understand or appreciate science and the nature of proof"

The nature of proof changes as time goes on and new research comes in. How many "good for you" food products and rx drugs have turned out to be "bad for you" a decade or 2 later? Tons.

In my opinion, and it is MY opinion, a balanced diet is what a Human being requires. Moderate portions of Meat, Chicken, Fish, Vegetables etc....

#32     Feb 18, 2008
  3. Guys, just because you are vegetarian does not mean you are better off.

Case in point, I knew a strict vegetarian that was completely disgusted with meat. She replaced meat with the proteins from Snickers, Twix, and Kit-Kats. Her staple meals were the frozen variety. Her only form of exercise was running her mouth everytime she had an opinion. She was a vegan but was overweight and appeared "sickly".

On the other hand, you have vegans that are truly better off because of their diets. But that takes work, planning, and time.

#33     Feb 18, 2008
  4. what is " soly protein isolate"?

#34     Feb 18, 2008
  5. Now you are moving from "Asshole" to Fucking Asshole".

See what vegetarianism does to you?

#35     Feb 18, 2008
  6. thanks for proving my point. you don't understand or appreciate science and the nature of proof :)

i wouldn't waste my time showing you evidence

#36     Feb 18, 2008
  7. Soy protein isolate is the only plant source that contains an adequate quantity of BCAAs; and that's only due to the fact that it's a protein supplement. No natural soy product [or any plant product] contains an adequate amount of BCAA. It's also chock full of phytoestrogens. That explains your behavior.

There is no plant source which provides an adequate dietary quantity of BCAA. So your statement that any plant source is adequate for EAAs is retarded.

#37     Feb 18, 2008
  8. Becoming a vegan means getting man boobs? No thanks :D

#38     Feb 18, 2008
  9. Me and my wife moved to only organic beef and chicken a few months back. You can really feel the difference in yourself.

I didn't think it would be that big of a deal, but organic makes a big difference.

Also switched to organic fruit too. Good stuff. Not even that much more expensive, and it's worth it even if it were.

#39     Feb 18, 2008
  10. ElCubano

ElCubano

no more heartburn??....:p

#40     Feb 18, 2008