Becoming the Top Trader

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by OnGoing, Apr 26, 2004.

1. mark1

mark1 Guest

If I were you I'd invest my million dollars in something not to risky with an average yearly return of 15%, rent a beach front villa with pool in a caribbean island and forget about the rest of the world and trading.

:)

#21     Apr 27, 2004
  2. Ongoing;

Like your
    & my books, especially
    [ all 3 Schwager books ]
    Tharpe,
    O'Neill;
    reguardless of time frame-
    The Market Makers Edge,
    The Master Swing Trader ,
    BIG Trends in Trading.

Found focusing on DIA,SPY, QQQ & occasional, derivatives helpful, profitable;

but i still like to study some timberland real estate and
    noticed you aparently like to study & delegate to hedge funds.

If I ever liked to delegate as much to hedge funds as you have;
    would still want to be ongoing responsible to study what is going on.

:cool:

#22     Apr 28, 2004
  3. The most important thing you can do at this point is to make sure that you have chosen the right markets to trade. You need something that fits your personality and trading style. Sign up for a free trial of the x-trader simulator and spend a couple of days each on all the major futures contracts. Try one of the demos from any of the retail forex shops. If you don’t choose a market that fits you, it can be a serious impediment to progressing as a trader. If you spend the time doing this and then find you are already in the right markets, you will not have wasted your time because you will have started to develop an appreciation of how different markets affect each other.

#23     Apr 28, 2004
  4. Something not too risky with a return of 15 %

Hmmm, let think, what would that be?

When you wake up, have a look the stupid things your fingers have just done.

Fucking Muppet

#24     Apr 28, 2004

5. Where are you ?

I am not suggesting that you entirely change your life - I just spent the last few months commuting to Chicago - from England travelling back every weekend to see my family - that't the sort of commitment you have to give this sort of thing if you are really going to spank it large. But this was for a limited time - sorry, I should have made myself clearer. If you know you don't have that drive, then you should seriously build on your sucess at choosing hedge funds and leave the trading to idiots like us.

To be honest, you have to give everything to trading in the begining - it's only when you get lucky that you can start to live that balance and trade well. There has to be a price, and that is it. It is remarkable how the markets reflect nature, so don't forget many try but few are chosen.

Good luck

#25     Apr 28, 2004
  6. if you have benn doing something that has allowed you to accumulate $1,000,000 at 35,why would you want to risk any of it to trade?As a hobby,OK,but to change careers at this point seems a bit stupid.

#26     Apr 28, 2004
  7. I think you are being very generous.

peace

axeman

Quote from steve46:

There are over 20,000 members here, but I doubt that there are 1000 who are profitable.

#27     Apr 28, 2004
  8. Because consulting will chew you up, spit you out, and burn you out.

peace

axeman

#28     Apr 28, 2004

9. Which is mild compared to what happens to the average trader!!

#29     Apr 28, 2004
  10. Good point. :D

peace

axeman

#30     Apr 28, 2004