Becoming Gordon Gekko

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Gordon Gekko, Jun 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spoken like a man who might be on the the right track

#81     Jun 27, 2003
  2. No, don't let this thread die for the pathetic crying baby...

Honestly, there are more people who eat more shit than you trying to become a trader.

I worked in several firms and hear stories from other established trader. They've been more shit than I have and far more shit than you have. For example...

One guy had a kid and no job when he started trading at the floor as a runner and getting a second job as a bartender. He soon became a clerk and then a trader....

One valuable lesson he taught me is that ego and self-esteem has nothing to do with making money and succeeding in trading...

It's all about doing what you have to, for giving your kid a good life...

Another thing he taught me is that it's not about what you want to do but what you "are"... Passion, desire, and motivation is important but it's more important about how you express it. Everyone wants to be rich, but who actually is... his words changed how I look at trading and how I trade too, being less of a Gann Analyst and being a true trader

Including myself and you GG, we're pathetically weak compared to some people who's gone through more shit...

In a sense, it's a complete disrespect to elders in the trader way of life.

#82     Jun 27, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.