Becoming Gordon Gekko

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Gordon Gekko, Jun 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oh and forward test the system realtime without cash for a few months.

#71     Jun 25, 2003
  2. jorgemb

jorgemb

If you ever consider a position outside of trading I think you would do real well as a fiction/non-fiction writer. You certainly got me and a lot of other folks plugged in and know how to tell a story. As Mark Twain said:

"Truth is stranger than fiction because fiction has to make sense".

Good luck in whatever you do.

Jorge

#72     Jun 25, 2003
  3. indioo

indioo

gordon gekko, how do you support yourself? with 2000 you cant be making money to survive and how the heck do you have a car whose depreciated value as of now is $16,000?

do you live with your parents?

Bro you should learn some money management skills. A guy whose trading with 2k shouldnt be driving a expensive car. You should be driving a 5k car at max.

#73     Jun 25, 2003
  4. Uni

Uni

I know this horse has been beaten to an unrecognizable bloody pulp on the side of the road waiting to be picked up by the local tallow company, but, GG, dude, you need to get your head right. You may have the know-how, but you're way off on the psychological part. There, I've said it. Thank you...drive through.

Uni

#74     Jun 26, 2003
  5. let this thread die...please.

#75     Jun 26, 2003
  6. taodr

taodr

He could get by with a $1000 car.

#76     Jun 26, 2003
  7. Hun

Hun

As you say you living from trading. Can you please tell me what is the biggest contributing factor to this achievement? Is it discipline or persistence or what?
    How much capital we talking about here to be able to do this, beside my first question?

Thanks, Hun

#77     Jun 26, 2003
  8. Are you from my home town, Baltimore, MD?

#78     Jun 26, 2003
  9. Hun

Hun

No, Melbourne Australia
    Hun

#79     Jun 26, 2003
  10. Uni

Uni

You started it. What did you expect? I suspect you do this to get your feelings validated by like-minded people. If so, that just proves that you're not psychologically fit for trading. Your actions are akin to trolling for tips.

Good luck. You're going to need it because you don't have much else.

Uni

#80     Jun 27, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.