Becoming Gordon Gekko

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Gordon Gekko, Jun 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gordon,

I think you have some very large pride issues. You will continue to fight the market until you win (which won't happen the way you're handling it).

You start threads that are not looking for real advice but sugar-coated responses that you want to hear.

Then, you block out everything you don't want to hear and go with all the stuff you do want to hear.

I'm not trying to be a jerk. I think you need to learn some modesty.

You've got a lot of people reaching out to you to give you good solid advice that will help you in the future and you seem to just totally disregard that advice in pursuit of your own agenda.

In a sentence, you are too stubborn to be a good trader.

#41     Jun 25, 2003
  2. mskl

mskl

$100 bid your car (GTC)

Fill the paper!
    :D

#42     Jun 25, 2003
  3. Sanjuro

Sanjuro

Gordon Gekko,

Good luck on following your dreams and succeeding.
    Trading for a living is a difficult journey with many setbacks.

Make sure you keep a journal of your trades
    and let us know how you are doing later on.

#43     Jun 25, 2003

4. Nope...

when he does NOT feel a need to let others know anything... then he may approach profitability... (and maturity)!

Ice
    :cool:

#44     Jun 25, 2003

5. Stepping in front on ARCA Bid 100.0011111111

#45     Jun 25, 2003
  6. #46     Jun 25, 2003
  7. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

The most recent of these threads was closed just under two weeks ago, and now you guys are getting sucked into another one?

Incredible.

#47     Jun 25, 2003
  8. Selling your car to fund your account is not a bad idea. You can certainly get a car for $2000, heck I got a car for $1300, a Chevrolet Beretta 88, looked pretty cool in my ghetto paradise (LOL) . Be sure to put a stop on how much you are willing to lose this time, say half of the 16k you gonna get for your car and keep the rest for retirement savings. As for those who tell you to stop trading because you don't have the money. It's easy to say when you are 40 with a stash of cash and a long work experience to fall back on. Some people decided they wanted to trade at 20, not at 30+ after a career in the corporate world.

#48     Jun 25, 2003
  9. f off

#49     Jun 25, 2003
  10. nitro

nitro

Sell you car, give me the money and I will guarantee a 100% return in one year, of which I will take 20.

Go and get a job and leave the trading to the pros for a while, and at the end of the year, if you save up, you will have $25K and be back in the saddle.

nitro

#50     Jun 25, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.