Becoming Gordon Gekko

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Gordon Gekko, Jun 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. Too funny.... IF your only trading "plan" (?) is to "sell your car" after you pick up some "girls"!

And to think one can run for Representative at age 25... and make law that governs others!

No offense, but man you must need lots of attention!

Ice
    :cool:

#31     Jun 25, 2003
  2. kernan

kernan

#32     Jun 25, 2003
  3. Quah

Quah

Hmmm, GG - Did you miss my question?

#33     Jun 25, 2003
  4. NihabaAshi,

like anyone really cares what your reasons are for being a dick (sneaky GG ignore list link). whatever, dude.

i'm done with this thread for today. i've seen about as much overanalyzing and incorrect assumptions of me that i can take for 1 day..

P.S. NEW DAY HIGH COMING FOR ES!

#34     Jun 25, 2003
  5. GG -

I don't want to sound like a dealer trying to feed a crack habit, but if you need cash for a paid-off car and want to keep driving it you can get what's known as an auto title loan.

Give 'em your pink, they'll give you a loan, usually on th spot.

Just check out any companies with the BBB, state DMV etc as due diligence. You don't want them going tits up on you with your pink slip.

#35     Jun 25, 2003
  6. lundy

lundy

go GG!!!

my advice.... sell your car. Live very simply. Get a part time job that pays you your living expenses plus an ammount you can afford to lose in the market every month.

Once you lose the affordable ammount... stop trading, and papertrade, until the next month.

don't listen to,or argue with jerks. If that means putting me on ignore. do it!

Spend all your time productively! and i'm sure you will succeed.

best wishes!

ps... it took me 3 years to stop trying to be smart... to stop looking for the exact top and exact bottoms, to stop drawing stupid lines on a chart thinking i can find the exact point the market will turn. I probably analyzed the tops and bottoms more than anyone else ever has. Even though it was a waste of time, there was a lesson learned. good luck Gordon Gecko.

#36     Jun 25, 2003
  7. The only dick around here is you. I am sure you have a little one, therefore you feel the need to act like a big one.

You are an immature little crybaby, who starts a thread soliciting people's input and then acts like a little pussy. THAT is why you don't succeed at trading.

If it sounds like I am mad, I am. I am mad at myself for taking the time to write down thoughts and advice that I hoped would be helpful. Sadly, the person who suffers the most is the next guy asking for advice, and the people who will not waste their time giving it because of experiences with you.

#37     Jun 25, 2003
  8. maxpi

maxpi

You can get a loan on the car from any bank or credit union, interest rates are so good right now too. I have done it, thinking of doing it right now. You would probably take a bigger hit on license and transfer fees and hassle time selling the car and getting another one, assuming you need to get another one, than the interest.

I lost my license once and I got by on a bus pass and a ten speed for a couple of years, it was not all that bad. I was surprised to find that I still had a life, met women, took them places, even on the bus.

Max

#38     Jun 25, 2003
  9. kernan

kernan

I think it is obvious that GG started this thread to get "cheerleading" from those who would encourage him to sell his car and pursue his dreams at all costs. GG did not care about the advice offered that would allow him to continue pursuing his dream, but do it from a rational perspective that would more likely lead to long-term success.

GG is looking for "enablers". Use a drug analogy, use a gambling analogy, whatever. It would be nice if he writes down the names of those enablers and in the future communicates with them via PM, so as not to waste everyone else's time. But, I doubt that will happen.

In fact, I predict many GG threads in the future, going back and forth between "I blew out my money again", to "I know how to be successful now", to "Where can I sell a kidney for trading $$$".

And, the enablers will be there to help him every step of the way. But, in 10 years, he will look back and wonder to himself..."what happened?".

#39     Jun 25, 2003
  10. But really, how do you feel about GG?

:D

#40     Jun 25, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.