Becoming Gordon Gekko

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Gordon Gekko, Jun 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i AM going to be THE MAN! i AM THE MAN now!!

#11     Jun 25, 2003
  2. for the record, my call was just for fun. i am NOT someone who is all about predicting.

#12     Jun 25, 2003
  3. Dude, if you ain't selling your own blood to generate money for trading, you are not serious about the game.

#13     Jun 25, 2003
  4. kernan

kernan

You should feel great about your future - you are only 25!!! You have all the time in the world to become great at whatever you want to do.

Let me ask a question - what did you hope to get from this thread and your original post? It seems odd to me, as you have self-confidence and seem to have made up your mind already. What was the point?

Just curious...but, make no mistake - no matter what you do I wish you good luck.

#14     Jun 25, 2003
  5. Ditch the pom-poms and skirt.

#15     Jun 25, 2003
  6. Gordon Gekko,

Is someone mentoring (helping you) now with your trading?

If not...why not?

I think the above questions have been asked before and have gone unanswered by you.

If you've have answered before...sorry...I missed the post.

My point is this...accordingly to my research of traders in the Boston or New England area...

same area I believe your located in...

there are some traders that have posted in the Hook Up forum.

Some of them come across in their past posts as being successful traders or at least knowing what the heck they are talking about.

Therefore...I'll ask you this question again as I have so many other times and have not gotten an answer...

are you going to hook up with any of those traders to help with your trading problems?

If not...why not?

P.S. Free realtime mentoring from one of your successful locals...

is there anything else better than that?

NihabaAshi

#16     Jun 25, 2003

7. Gordon has serious issues with authority figures and or pride. He won't listen to anyone, and won't really reach out for help.

#17     Jun 25, 2003
  8. CalTrader

CalTrader Guest

5 years of survival means that you are just at the point of actually being useful to someone.

Go work somewhere: member firms, exchanges, hedge fund lackey. You have enough background to now get hired.

The CME recently went public and they are continuing to re-org their management and internal organization .... Might be a slot for you there .....

#18     Jun 25, 2003
  9. Foz

Foz

What make, model, year car is it, Gordon?

#19     Jun 25, 2003
  10. NihabaAshi,

thx for replying, but i'm not really looking for too much help. yes, i will still have questions sometimes, but i'm not looking for a whole new style or anything. there are only a few individuals on ET that i identify with, am confident in their ability, and trust. i'm not going to name names. sure, i could always learn more, but i know i am really starting to get the hang of it. there are a few things i have been working on the last few months and i am very happy with what i am doing.

#20     Jun 25, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.