becoming emotionless

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Rocko1, Nov 2, 2006.

1. does emotion trigger paranoia. how do you know when emotion is right or wrong? are you ever fully in control of yourself?

#71     Nov 16, 2006
  2. All my logic/system goes out of the window when I am trading emotionally. When I am logical, everything is crystal clear. I know exactly when to cut losses and when to let profit run.

#72     Nov 29, 2017
  3. mlawson71

mlawson71

I don't think that becoming emotionless is possible. It's in our nature to be emotional, especially when we trade. The best we can hope for is to learn how to control our emotions.

#73     Nov 30, 2017
  4. tomorton

tomorton

I find it funny when day-traders speak about trading trying to trade without emotion. Or with emotions but kept under control. Its like fish complaining about how difficult it is keeping everything dry.

I get quite emotional when my account gets bigger.

#74     Nov 30, 2017
  5. lcranston

lcranston

Trading emotionlessly is not only possible but doable. Whether or not it amuses someone else is beside the point.

If one wants to achieve this state, the first task is to determine exactly what it is that one is being emotional about. To claim that it is simply in our natures to be emotional avoids grappling with the task, and so the emotional responses continue.

#75     Nov 30, 2017
    tomorton likes this.