Becoming an independent trader

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by sdd80, Jan 28, 2012.

1. ..............................................

Quote from gmst:

" Zen: From the advice you offer, its clear that you believe in the approach of careful research, understanding and developing edges, and then following you system to the t. No question of failure, if you have a good edge and can follow it. I liked you approach of not willing to lose anything as tuition to the market...."

" Zenster long oil trade " here.........a blatant dare with no stop, as the market backs up 300 ticks.

" that's an edge and the road less travelled...."

"Whaddya mean no trades? It is going up. Obvious it is...... "

" the bull mincer ripping our peckers off....."

" You're a moron who doesn't have the first fucking clue.............."

elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=235578&perpage=6&pagenumber=19

the diatribe starts on pg 19.

we bag him and tag him.

" psycho babble et al......."

lets reflect on that............:)

cheers,

s

#81     Feb 6, 2012
  2. Quote from Zen Student:

What is the objective in asking others to post their charts and analysis.

Is this thread not about your focusing on your own trading objectives?

If you haven't done this work, or you have done and not found it sufficiently accurate, then why use an MP in your trading? Surely the objective is to do what we can to increase our probabilities - in which case "works some of the time" isn't good enough.

I am happy with how I am currently trading and not really interested in looking at what is being flogged online.

However, in terms of your trading I am interested in how you are applying the concepts and how you respond to some of my questions.

I've asked the questions and got the answers necessary to achieve my objectives in trading.
    Now just a case of executing each day.

" I am not looking for input on my trading or to share details of how I trade...."

" I term these self imposed fetishes...."

Lets reflect on whether any of these beliefs are helpful in our problem solving exercise: taking the most points a market offers.

From my perspective what I see is a lot of self imposed fetishes which distract from what, optimally, ought to be done.

famous last words as the Z meister bleeds out on the trading floor....

notice the " range contraction on the oil inventory gap fill to the yellow moneyline...."

grease tested the top of the range, over and over in london and new york sessions.

price reversed after the oil inventory gap close and puked it all out in a " New york moment...."

someone call 911.

too late, get the meat wagon.

Quote from Zen Student:

" The best and the brightest?

This isn't you....

What would you know about what the best and brightest can achieve? "

Zenster berates a fellow trader in another thread.

Zenster takes a swipe at me......

" You're a moron who doesn't have the first fucking clue. Why don't you take your three sisters (or was it five little sisters?) and get back to what we all know you do all day.

Oh, and when we get the move up in oil, and everyone comes in to ask what made it do that, was it news, etc - I'll let you explain...."

" Idiot.

Go ahead and short.

Go on. I dare you...."

Zenster, one of " the best and the brightest " trades grease.

playing thru.....

s

:cool:

#82     Feb 6, 2012
  3. Shopster: you accuse Zenster of taking a swipe at other traders yet that is exactly what you are doing. Zen has posted things which actually are helpful to someone who's just started trading. Apart from berating other traders what useful info. have u posted?

To anybody who has read ur posts u clearly are a loser, your BIG ego will never let you admit you are wrong. You are playing to be right not to win, you have no clue how to lose well how the hell can you make money if you HAVE to be right on every trade.

#83     Feb 7, 2012
  4. TRS

TRS

s,

:D :D

t

#84     Feb 7, 2012
  5. Not that I necessarily disagree, but to be fair, Zen Student got a very condescending attitude. When he makes grandiose calls with 100% conviction while insulting the other side greatly, is it not fair that he is called out on it?

I`ve seen him delete several of his calls after they failed in the ES-journal, so draw your own conclusions about the reason and motivation behind such actions. Mind you, that was with his other handle.

I maintain that he have given a lot of good advice in this thread, but it is obvious to me that he still got some personal issues and that he may need some more meditation. :)

#85     Feb 7, 2012
  6. ........................................

LF,

so a dual handled poster deleting his own Zenster holy grail in the threads..........?

why am i not surprised..........:)

quote from Zenmeister " lets reflect on that........."

s

#86     Feb 20, 2012
  7. Shopster, you were right, I read many of Zenster's comments on other threads and he is a prick who has been acting as Mr. Know It All.

I stand corrected. I am sorry it was my bad

#87     Feb 21, 2012
  8. when are you going to shut up and stop begging for attention like a 5 yo, grow up

#88     Mar 6, 2012