Becoming a Successful Trader

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by LetItRide, Mar 7, 2011.

1. volente_00

volente_00

The one defining characteristic of successful traders is their refusal to quit in the face of adversity

#11     Mar 8, 2011
  2. 1. don't repeat what your mother said to you when you were 2 years old and wanted to visit the Sun.

2. that's MY point, idiot.

3. define emotions and you will know you are clueless.

#12     Mar 8, 2011
  3. deaddog

deaddog

Good trading :)

#13     Mar 8, 2011
  4. +1^infinity

#14     Mar 9, 2011
  5. not an easy question but a very good one. the single most important characteristic that will determine if you make it as a trader is your ability to make money and be able to hold on to it. any trader can make money on an individual trade but very few traders can keep the money they make.

it may be better to ask yourself what do i first need to do to make money trading and then what do i need to do next to make sure i keep the money i make?

#15     Mar 9, 2011
  6. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Discipline

Mark

#16     Mar 13, 2011
  7. aja trade

aja trade

Refraining from pouting when you make a bad trade. Learn from it and look for your next trade.

#17     Mar 15, 2011
  8. Handle123

Handle123

Whether you have patience to wait for all your rules to line up for an entry. Taking 1-2 marginal trades per day often takes a great day to a losing day.

#18     Mar 15, 2011
  9. I know one trader who refused to quit in the face of adversity. He had over a quarter million after he fixed up and sold a house he inherited. Now he is living on food stamps sleeping in a van.

He is not able to find work in his 50's. Fortunately, he found Jesus.

#19     Mar 20, 2011

10. Postion size. Having enough to matter but not enough to get hurt. Envision to overlapping spheres and a sweet spot.

From there it's management. Entries pale to exits. Exits is where you make your money. And........they are taxable events.

#20     Mar 21, 2011