"because if you kill yourself, you're not going to heaven."

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by Optionpro007, Sep 23, 2009.

1. CNN:

Florida dad admits killings, blames 'spirit'
    A Florida man admitted to a reporter that he killed his wife and five "innocent" children, adding that he wants to be executed "right away" so he can be buried with them. Mesac Damas, 32, told the Naples Daily News that he wanted to take his own life, but did not have the courage to go through with it, "because if you kill yourself, you're not going to heaven." full story

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/09/23/florida.family.dead/index.html

2. I'm almost 100% sure that this guy is catholic. Catholocism sometimes breeds this kind of thinking. (also pop culture movies like constantine) There are way too many people in this world that think if you just say your sorry 2 seconds before you die, you get to go to heaven. Doesnt work like that.

1 john 3:15 ...and you know that no murderer has eternal life in him.

Sadly atheists will use this as why they think religion is dangerous. (coincidently they will not consider the fact that the guy might have killed his family even if he was atheist, although if he was atheist, he probably would've at least killed himself right after.)

3. there seems to be a lot of this type of thing with religious indoctrinated people.

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2009/apr/08/video-shows-central-florida-woman-aiming-gun-sons-/
    CASSELBERRY, Fla. — A central Florida woman who fatally shot her 20-year-old son then killed herself at a shooting range left recorded messages that said she was the anti-Christ and that she needed to save her son.

In rambling, teary audio recordings left for her boyfriend and authorities, as well as shorter suicide notes, Marie Moore, 44, apologized several times and said repeatedly: “I had to send my son to heaven and myself to Hell.”

4. If she had actually read the bible, she would know that only Christ can save her son. The anti-Christ can not.

5. christ did a fine job in this case.