Beautiful Stranger’s Diet and Exercise Journal

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by BeautifulStranger, Oct 14, 2020.

1. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

I picked runners. But we can pick tennis players, or bicyclists, or swimmers...anyone performing high cardio over high weights is going to be in that range.

#31     Oct 15, 2020

2. A marathon runner is going to be really thin and therefore is not relevant to the point that BMI should not be taken into account when dealing with many types of athletes. You don't need to be a pro athlete to have muscle mass and BMI would label you as obese.

A thin runner could not give a shit about BMI, only body fat really.

Someone who is 6'2 and 200 lbs. is obese on the BMI....you cannot just look at BMI and make such a medical diagnosis so BMI is not silly to rely on as an accurate measure without taking more into account.

#32     Oct 15, 2020
  3. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Dude, what? Your statement was "most athletes are obese by BMI standards". We're not arguing about whether or not calling someone 6'2 and 200lbs is obese is stupid. I agree it is. But saying "most athletes are obese by BMI standards" isn't correct. That's all I'm saying.

#33     Oct 15, 2020
  4. I had my first meal after a 28 hour fast. Smells and flavors were more intense than before I started my fast and walk.

Other than grapeseed oil used for cooking, my meal consisted solely of whole vegetables and long grained brown rice.

I’m feeling good and plan to continue my diet and exercise regiman for the foreseeable future.

Attached below is research paper, or more accurately, a summary of selected research papers showing the benefits of a vegan diet as well as comparing other diets. The authors briefly describe the mechanisms in play with various diets.

There is a reason why many of the vegan women I met over the years have clear skin and don’t have to wear makeup to cover liver spots in later years and are slender. Sometimes too slender for my taste, sometimes jaw dropping, giving younger women a run for their money.

Plant-Based Diets in the Reduction of Body Fat: Physiological Effects and Biochemical Insights:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6893503/

#34     Oct 16, 2020
  5. Starvation tends to do that... :)

#35     Oct 19, 2020
  6. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

You still haven't given us your original weight. A diet journal kinda needs to start with a starting weight. Doesn't do you any good if you give us your weight only at the finish.

#36     Oct 20, 2020
  7. Agreed, but it needs to be exact, and I haven’t gotten to it.

#37     Oct 20, 2020
  8. I don't think hiking is an efficient way to deplete your glycogen levels. As I understand it, much of the muscle glycogen is stored in fast twitch muscle fibers, which are only activated with relatively intense activity. Further, how would hiking deplete the glycogen stores in the muscles of your upper body?

#38     Oct 20, 2020
    BeautifulStranger likes this.
  9. Right. And that's 500 calories from exercise, which means over and above the BMR. Harder than it sounds.

#39     Oct 20, 2020
  10. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

What's the update on this, Stranger?

#40     Nov 2, 2020