Beautiful Kickboxer -Mike Zambinis

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by adadadog, Apr 10, 2010.

1. +1

kickboxing is useless when you're taken down and your opponent knows BJJ. IMO, nothing beats MMA.

#11     Apr 12, 2010
  2. Yes I am girlie boy. <b>IDF KRAV MAGA</b> (and given the chance my first ET pounding will be on puredrek's Alex Drekilevski).
    Though I can certainly sympathize with the retirement story.

#12     Apr 12, 2010
  3. MKTrader

MKTrader

I prefer to simply clown around with big trading risks all day and never take a hit. The Anderson Silva way...

#13     Apr 12, 2010
  4. Ok, the guy is quick and impressive. Actually, they both are. And I didn't even fully see what that last move was that ended the fight even though I watched the last few seconds a number of times.

But here's the thing. Did you hear to the announcer at the beginning and see the pyrotechnics? You do realize that they're talking down to you, right? The assumption on the part of the promoters seems to be that the audience is a drooling bunch of fools. Maybe it's just me, but I don't like being condescended to.

#14     Apr 12, 2010
  5. In the main, I think the best time to attack, or go offensive, is when the other guy strikes, because that's when his guard and balance are necessarily diminished. Easier said than done with these guys, though.

Personally, I think trading is more like aikido.

#15     Apr 12, 2010
  6. #16     Apr 12, 2010
  7. #17     Apr 12, 2010
  8. maxpi

maxpi

Bro lifted weights in the 1950's when he was a little kid, no juice needed. The funny thing is he looks like an overweight retired businessman, which he is... but if you put on strength early in life you keep it apparently... let's face it he looks like a Neanderthal because he is...

Martial arts cycles, I'm no afficionado and I might have this out of order but the grapplers were best in the 30's, then the Jiu Jitsu guys, then it was Karate, then boxers started winning the Karate championships, then it was grapplers again, who is it now? A guy with a flying knee thingy?

I would never let a fight go to the ground. You roll around in the dirt and get your clothes torn, it's for the birds... with the element of surprise, and disarming look of abject dementia-supplied fear, I have in spades, I can make sure the bad guy goes to the ground and I don't, then I can kick him halfway into the next life and happily will given half a chance... if things go right :)

#18     Apr 12, 2010
  9. maxpi

maxpi

Personally I see no connection between Martial Arts and Trading other than there is four stages of learning and when you are good you don't have to think much about it, you just do it...

#19     Apr 12, 2010