beat the minority game

Discussion in 'Trading' started by billyjoerob, Mar 6, 2010.

1. I'll just quote my brother from another mother

"There are countless institutions out there that have teams of smart people to analyze financial statements, do thorough market research, and investigate and scout out the competition; they consult economists who can offer advice on the bigger picture; the have dinosaurs with decades of experiences with the market, relationships with exchanges and brokers, computer algorithms to buy and sell securities with minimal impact, etc. Do you think you can go up against these institutions that have every advantage against you? Do you really think that you’ve spotted an opportunity that one of the numerous analysts or the constantly scanning proprietary software programs hasn’t picked up on?…Really? No offense, but who the F are you? You’re a nobody, stop lying to yourself, you just can’t compete. Sure, you can get lucky, but don’t tell me you’ve actually got any kind of talent for selecting stocks. And the silly thing is, the game isn’t even about “selecting” stocks, it’s so much more esoteric than that, but for argument’s sake let’s keep it simple here."

http://livinginvol.com/?p=97

2. INcrease the number of strategies and memory to make it tougher.

3. Cheese

Cheese

This prediction game offers insufficient information to demonstrate any trading prowess in reality.

But you win if you study the metrics of a market you want to trade and you apply a logical methodology to extract serial profits from that market.

To operate such a methodology, you use a liquid and volatile market (eg CL,NG) which will offer you 2 advantages: plenty of points daily and the gyrations (ie swings) from which to extract substantial trading points (ie net profits) sequentially, open to close. You do this through the mechanism of buying the upmoves and selling the downmoves as they follow each other.

And a tested and reliable methodology gives you the triggers for buying upmoves and selling downmoves as they follow each other.
    :)

4. Huh?